2 replies to this topic

#1 jswog

jswog

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Does anyone know if the Burger King Sweet Potato Fries are gluten free? I'm 31 weeks pregnant now (YEAH!!!) and was *really* wanting fries today. There is a new BK right across the street from us so we stopped in while we were out doing a few things. The BK on base is GREAT, has a dedicated frier, really watches CC for me when I explain my needs, etc. I went inside and talked to the GM and the owner. They do have a dedicated frier, but it's for ALL of their fries, white and sweet potato. The owner tried to find information about the SP fries, but could not find any at all, either way. He's promised to try to look into it more extensively and email me, but I really want fries like yesterday... I may run across town to Chic-Fil-A if I get desperate, but BK is SO convenient for us and I LOVE their new fries!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

From the BK website, they would appear to be gluten-free:

Sweet Potato Fries (Fried): Sweet Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Contains One Or More Of The Following Oils: Canola, Soybean, Cottonseed, Sunflower, Corn), Food Starch- Modified, Rice Flour, Dextrin, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Natural Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Color (Beta Carotene, Caramel Color, Annatto), Sugar, Salt, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate Added To Maintain Natural Color.

richard

#3 jswog

jswog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thanks! We couldn't find that information on their site. I'll definately be getting some today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: