Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

"visions" Cookware

2 posts in this topic

My Mom had these pots and pans and she loved them. And when I was taking care of my sick friend I cooked for her every day with her set. I began to see why Mom loved them so much. But they stopped making them and none of the yard sales I have been to had any.

But yesterday a friend told me she saw some at a "junk shop" in a neighboring town. I was up early this morning and took a ride. I got three different sized sauce pans with lids and a large skillet - all for ten bucks! I am so relieved! I had to throw out almost all of my cheap pots and pans and never have gotten around to replacing them because I can't afford good stainless steel.

So, I was wondering if any of you use these and could give me tips on the best way to clean them, and to cook with them. I know they don't like really high heat but that's about all I know. Got any pointers?

Thanks.

Ads by Google:

I did a Google & found these things. You might wish to be very careful as there are apparently some problems with it shattering in people's hands.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/food_editorials/cooking/cooking_appliances/the_dangers_of_vision_cookware.html

http://www.worldkitchen.com.au/brands/brand-visions-html.html

The second link will give you care instructions.

read the comments on the 3 rd link --- the YouTube one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Probiotic Help
      We use Florajen 3 as well. Most pharmacies keep it behind the counter so be sure to ask.
    • 62 yr old woman...celiac?
      I have to agree with Gemini, you must not go gluten free until you've had an endoscopy with biopsies (first you get the blood work done, then you get your confirmation by a follow-up endoscopy), it's the reaction to the gluten that creates the antibodies' you won't get that reaction if you don't eat gluten. It might seem inconvenient, but in the long run it will be worth it.
    • Probiotic Help
      Hi Mom...I take Florajen 3.  It has worked really well for me.  It is kept refrigerated.  I have a hard time finding it where I live so I usually have to order it.
    • Awaiting Biopsy Results
      Hi monkeyloaf......with a positive tTg and EMA, that is a slam dunk for Celiac Disease. It doesn't matter that they are weakly positive, a positive is a positive with Celiac!  With a positive EMA, I am sure you will show damage on biopsy BUT if it happens that damage is patchy and they miss those spots, please do what you already stated and go strictly gluten-free.  You have Celiac!  Couple that with Type 1 diabetes and other relatives with Celiac, it is of the utmost importance  that you be gluten-free.  Your intuition is talking to you on this so these words you spoke are very smart!    I am sorry you have both AI diseases but with the right diet, you are going to be feeling so much better so hang in there!
    • Awaiting Biopsy Results
      I'm still awaiting the results of my biopsy. I have Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adults, which is basically type 1 diabetes diagnosed as an adult. (I was 32.) I have second degree relatives with celiac, although, my mom and my sister have yet to be tested. My mom's side of the family has a variety of autoimmune issues. My tTg-IgA was weakly positive (7.5), my DGP IgA was weakly positive (26), and my EMA was positive. My GI MD said he could see some inflammation on my duodenum during my EGD. I desperately want an answer to the issues I've been having. My primary complaints have been fatigue and joint pain, so I hadn't really considered celiac, thinking my GI issues were due to exhaustion. I am thinking I may stay gluten-free regardless of the biopsy results. I've been feeling better since cutting out gluten immediately after my EGD. I also feel like my lab work, diabetes, and family history are enough to warrant caution. Any thoughts or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Nikki Buckley