#1 Ellen1977

Ellen1977

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hello everyone,
I am having a difficult time right now. I have been sick most of my life..
needless to say I am on day 13 and my energy is back headaches are gone
as well as reflux..I went through the worst withdrawal..I was prescribed\
Oxycontin in the past for my endometriosis pain and coming off of that
drug held no candle to the withdrawal I experienced coming off wheat and Gluten.
I am not working right now due to the persistent right side ache in my gut.
It feels like a fist full of spikes in my side..eating is a challenge and I have
been juicing all of my veggies and fruits. I was wondering if I am the only one
going through this..I cant afford to loose another job. Will this pass...:(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shellb65

shellb65

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'm day 6 gluten free.. But I found gluten free beer today so my spirits have lifted!

Obviously I don't like having to watch what I eat but I'm so desperate to feel better that I'm going to do it no matter how tough it is. I was feeling sorry for myself this morning until I found out my friend's son was rushed to the hospital with bleeding on the brain. Come to find out he has a rare disorder that causes this. It made me get off the pitty pot real quick. I do get frustrated.. I'm going gluten free after testing negative for Celiac but my doctor insists the tests aren't 100% and he seems to think this is what my problem is. I don't know what to think... If the gluten free doesn't work then they will test me for chrones. I'll take celiac over chrones anyday... and I'll take celiac over what my friend's son has too.

#3 shellb65

shellb65

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Also- I get that same pain on my right side under my ribs. It's worse during the night. Wakes me up and is so painful. That along with the constant indigestion and heart burn.. I eat tums like they are tic tacs. I was wondering today if Tums is even gluten free?? The internet has helped me more than anyone/anything. I do know how you feel... if that helps. =)

#4 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hello everyone,
I am having a difficult time right now. I have been sick most of my life..
needless to say I am on day 13 and my energy is back headaches are gone
as well as reflux..I went through the worst withdrawal..I was prescribed\
Oxycontin in the past for my endometriosis pain and coming off of that
drug held no candle to the withdrawal I experienced coming off wheat and Gluten.
I am not working right now due to the persistent right side ache in my gut.
It feels like a fist full of spikes in my side..eating is a challenge and I have
been juicing all of my veggies and fruits. I was wondering if I am the only one
going through this..I cant afford to loose another job. Will this pass...:(

Your symptoms seem a bit severe. Maybe a professional medical opinion might be in order.

The diet is not an easy one to master in a few days. When you're up to it, keep a food journal. Write down everything that passes your mouth from your fingers to your meds, soaps, lotions, shampoo..etc.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#5 archaeo in FL

archaeo in FL

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

Ellen1977, I'm about two weeks in, too, diagnosed about two weeks ago. I had bad pain in my right side last week - thought it might go away if I went for a run, but it just made the run that much harder, and sort of turned into a "side stitch" that wound up spreading across my whole upper abdomen. It passed, and it wasn't recognizable as gas but I think maybe it was.

I definitely need to start keeping a food journal so I can track things like this, and we all probably should. Instead of replacing gluten-containing refined foods with gluten-free replacements, I'm trying to eat mostly produce with some rice and corn. Trying to stay off dairy, too. I know that any change in your diet can upset your system, and I guess I might look for some of those digestive enzymes.

I'm also having trouble sleeping most nights - well, trouble falling asleep. Once I'm asleep I'm normally ok, but it's been taking hours some nights to fall asleep. I've started eating more carbs close to bedtime and that seems to help.

#6 Ellen1977

Ellen1977

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hi everyone..i am now 6 weeks in and everything is really turning around! I posted when I was 2 weeks in
with severe burning rib pain,headaches etc..
well that has all lessened to a great degree..some of my muscle strength has returned..I am still
quite tired..but that in itself is chalked up to healing. All I can say to all of you 2 to 3 weeks even 4 weeks in
there is hope..you are healing. Stick to the plan.I also am taking a high potency probiotic twice daily..Its 50 billion
dose twice a day.I have cut coffee soy dairy corn and of course gluten and wheat(thats a given) Good luck to you all..

#7 tom

tom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Sounds good! Glad you added the update. :)
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#8 ebaustin

ebaustin

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

This is very encouraging to read since I am 3 days into my "detox." A friend who has celiac's told me that I should expect to feel like I'm detoxing from a drug, but I had no idea how life-interfering it would be! I hope that this feeling is a sign that what I was eating was really hurting my body and that I am on my way to healing. Thank you for the time-frames and updates. I look forward to hearing more about everyone's progress!

#9 Ellen1977

Ellen1977

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

I would really like to keep updating you all on my progress since some of you are probably
confused,and alot of you are most likely in more pain then you have had originally( especially within the first 3 weeks)I also
noticed in the beginning weeks physical symptoms that never bothered me before. Popping joints
was one of them. I am now on week 8 and had a doctors appointment today..he said hes never
seen me look better..I know there is a long way to go with healing.Prayer..solid diet and
supportive friends will make this journey a much easier one. The emotions are also difficult at times.
Its ok to cry. Its ok to treat yourself to all the rest and help you require. Many of you have been
undiagnosed for many years such as myself and are now just dealing with it. Simplify and do what you can.
The ladder is tall and remember make every attempt at the climb count. Love and hugs to my fellow fighters.
ps..The initial withdrawal will pass and the pain will subside and what i can compare it to is finally seeing through
a dusty window..little by little the dust clears up Xo

#10 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

That's great the your symptoms are improving Ellen. Eating whole foods and voiding processed foods for teh fiurst 2 or 3 months is a good way to go.

You right side pain may be gallbladder related. There have been a number of people post about having gallbladder problems on in the past. Sometimes they resolve on the gluten-free diet.

Here's some threads that may help for general info and such.

FAQ Celiac com
http://www.celiac.co...celiac-disease/

Newbie Info 101
http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

What's For Breakfast Today?
http://www.celiac.co...reakfast-today/

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?
http://www.celiac.co...or-lunch-today/

What Are You Cooking Tonight?
http://www.celiac.co...ooking-tonight/

Dessert thread
http://www.celiac.co...399#entry802399

How bad is cheating?
http://www.celiac.co...t-periodically/

Short temper thread
http://www.celiac.co...per-depression/
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: