Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Selfish/lazy To Stay In Bed?

5 posts in this topic

current symptoms: intense fatigue, bleeding/sore gums, headache, blurred vision, stiff neck, muscle pains, emotional.

I've been sleeping or otherwise in bed on my laptop for three days now. I have no idea what "got" me but i think it was the gluten-free soup and bread at the little crumby cafe I risked eating at in Oxford. I didn't trust them with CC to save my life but was hungry and with company so took the risk since the ingredients themselves were all fine. . .

I want to cycle for 30 days straight in about eight days. (been planning for months.) haven't trained properly at all and this is cutting in to my preparation time. I also have to clean up this flat and get ready for the trip (if I don't postpone it, which I might)

... plus I have art I promised to make for people, writing to do, but my head hurts at an unable to think kind of level

every day I spend in bed without exercising or accomplishing anything makes me feel like a fattening lazy slob worthless human being and I'm lonely and want to shout and scream that gluten is poison and the world is dying.

luckily, no reflux, which was usually my major symptom?? in fact, nothing gastrointestinal at all except mild constipation and gas at first which is gone now. bit weird. but I know I'm not sick with a virus or something because no flu symptoms, no fever. congestion at levels it's been at for weeks.

seems like my autoimmune symptoms change every week (well every time i get sick it's different)

how do you ever know what's going on, what got you, how paranoid you have to be and when you can relax and when will i ever stop wanting to throw up when i think of food? when will i stop wanting to scream and kick donut stands over in the grocery store? throw bread down the aisles in rage? (actually did this once when they put gluten bread in the gluten free section, I threw it at the regular bread and stormed off)

HOW LONG DOES IT LAST. oh man I'm not going to have D for a week again like i did last time am i? that reaction was delayed by like 7 days it seemed. this reaction started after 1 day if my calculations are correct (imcac). guess i will know over the weekend

god this poetry is vile is it not

Ads by Google:

mmm, yes, selfish. You should be out at the mall, screaming at people to stop poisoning the world, dropping bloody tissues, and groaning to make your point. This is your supreme chance to truly make the world understand how awful it is to be glutened and you're wasting it by lounging about in bed writing bad poetry.

Or just accept that you are healing your body, which is really hard work. Realize that every minute you give yourself to recover means that much more energy for your trip.

And next time bring a friend with a video camera when you go bread shopping. :)

Ugh, sounds like depression is a big gluten symptom for you. Forgive yourself for being sick and needing rest! I hope you feel better soon.

Well, my two kids have been fending for/ feeding themselves for 48 hours, the laundry is piled up, the dishes piled up and the place looks disgusting- all because I was starving and took a chance on a protein bar that was gluten free- but processed on equipment with wheat....ok...confession: I ate TWO of them.

Getting out of bed and being mom isn't an option. So...yes, I too feel guilty and lazy. But oh well, nothing you can do.

Hope you feel better in time for your trip!

So sorry you are feeling so badly right now. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and getting glutened isn't helping you to accomplish all you want or need to do. You are not selfish or lazy. You have an autoimmune disease that you are fighting. Do what you can and forgive yourself for what you can't.

If you haven't been able to train for the 30 straight days of bike riding don't beat yourself up if you need to put off the trip. Putting it off is better than pushing a still healing body beyond it's physical limits.

I do hope you get over being glutened soon. Do what you feel you can do, spend a bit of time outside if you can and keep in mind that this will pass and you will feel better before too long.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• The Gluten Free Expo is the only certified international fair 
      dedicated to gluten free market and products.
      The fifth edition will be held in Rimini Fiera 
      from 19th to 22th November 2016. [] View the full article
    • 300 year old Charleston, South Carolina is internationally renowned for it's historic significance, unique architecture, Southern charm, coastal beauty and Low Country foods.  From Fort Moultrie during the American Revolution to Fort Sumter the scene of the first shots of the Civil War, this city has been involved historically. Rainbow Row, a colorful collection of houses and the mansions along the Battery offer the best examples of this glorious age. Area plantations and gardens offer a fascinating glimpse into the history and natural beauty of the Low Country.   We've put together a five (5) day Mini Getaway to give you a taste for the city and its many charms. Each of the Chefs have taken on my challenge to create delicious and memorable gluten-free meals. We will be eating at a variety of great restaurants offering us specially prepared foods of the area and more - gluten-free, of course.
      Staying at the beautiful and historic Mills House Wyndham House Wyndham Grand Hotel in the middle of the historic district we will explore in and around the city so that you can better appreciate a wide variety of the so many things to see and do.

We have arranged a Walking Tour of the Historic district; a Low Country Cooking Demonstration by the Executive Chef at the hotel; an all-day tour of the World Famous Magnolia Plantation & Gardens: Boat tour and visit to Fort Sumter.  And of course Gluten-free Dinners at a variety of great Charleston restaurants.
        We have left you free time for you to select other places you may want to visit, such as the USS Yorktown Carrier; Straw Market; Romantic Carriage rides: and so much more - like shopping.  You may even want to spend more time than we've arranged, but no worry - we can provide you with additional days at great rates.

We would love to have you join us in one of America's oldest cities with so much Southern Charm, history and things to see and enjoy.  Bring your family and friends - they don't have to be Gluten-free to enjoy this Getaway.   MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS by   JUNE 3, 2016  And receive an  EARLY BIRD SPECIAL  DISCOUNT  $25/PERSON
    • [] View the full article
    • The 2nd Annual Gluten-Free Oktoberfest in New York City is the first gluten-free event of its kind on the East Coast. gluten-free Oktoberfest was created so that people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease could safely come together and mingle while enjoying a selection of over 45 gluten-free ciders and beers and an unlimited amount of gluten free food. To add to the fun, meet some of the cider makers and brand ambassadors! Feast on a full gluten-free Oktoberfest menu with traditionally mouthwatering sausages, meatballs, pizza, pretzels, desserts, and much more.There will be vegetarian options too!  gluten-free Oktoberfest was founded by Jeffrey Reiss, founder and owner of Pie by the Pound, a New York City restaurant that specializes in the gluten ­free pizza. In 2004, Jeffrey discovered his own gluten intolerance and adopted a gluten ­free lifestyle. At his restaurant, Reiss prepares gluten ­free pizza, sandwiches, desserts and sells a wide variety of gluten ­free beer and cider, making Pie a food haven for the gluten­ free community. Reiss says he strives “to maintain one of the biggest menus of gluten free beer and cider on the East Coast with a rotating list of favorites. This will like be a sold out event and the tickets are non refundable. Rain or shine the event will still be taking place. Thanks so much. We look forward to seeing you there! Purchase tickets via secure eventbrite link below..   GFOKTOBERFEST.COM   PIEBYTHEPOUND.COM View the full article
    • Hi, Thanks so much for the thorough reply. I really appreciate it.  Dairy is something I cut out of my diet too as indeed, I reacted to some things too... But dairy isn't as much of a problem as is sugar, in my case... I don't really know for sure if I'm gluten intolerant, but I guess, some of my reactions may have been caused by the sugar that is in products with gluten, I just don't know but just to be sure and because they damage the gut lining I banned gluten from my diet too...  Yeah, I lost a lot of weight quite fast after changing my diet, it seems I really got my metabolism going and I'm sure it's for the better as I was, and am, prediabetic, so I hope my efforts pay off eventually, I'm not interested in having to manage my blood sugar levels. I just know that with the right diet, I can recover. Anything with sugar in it will cause a negative response in my case, so just to be sure, of the foods you named, does anything contain fructose or glucose? What about the sweet potatoes? I normally don't quite tolerate starchy vegetables. Avocados is something worth considering. I had eggs tonight and so far they do not cause any extraordinary reaction.  Gluten free products is something I'd rather not consume though, especially the rice crackers, I feel my body is really craving an all-natural approach. In that respect I really appreciate the paleo diet, unfortunately even that diet sometimes stresses out my gut apparently...  Caffeine is something I don't tolerate either. Sauerkraut I'm pretty sure I won't tolerate, unfortunately, since it's rich in probiotics.  Oh well, as long as I don't starve and start to feel better I'll manage I guess.  Thanks again Ken
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member