3 replies to this topic

#1 Abigail's mum

Abigail's mum

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

My daughter has a significant gluten sensitivity. She is age 8. We will be traveling to the StoryLand, Santa's Village, Bretton Woods area this summer for a family vacation. We will be in the Littleton, NH area as well s those mentioned above. I am desperately in need of some restaurant suggestions for us since we will be eating out 3 meals a day for three days! Please help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We went out to eat at a local breakfast place and after explaining our issues they assured me that certain foods would be fine .... The were NOT. I was hoping for someone to tell the names of some place, what you ordered, and how you ordered it so I can keep my daughter safe.
Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

My daughter has a significant gluten sensitivity. She is age 8. We will be traveling to the StoryLand, Santa's Village, Bretton Woods area this summer for a family vacation. We will be in the Littleton, NH area as well s those mentioned above. I am desperately in need of some restaurant suggestions for us since we will be eating out 3 meals a day for three days! Please help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We went out to eat at a local breakfast place and after explaining our issues they assured me that certain foods would be fine .... The were NOT. I was hoping for someone to tell the names of some place, what you ordered, and how you ordered it so I can keep my daughter safe.
Thank you!

Here is a link that may help you.....Gluten Free NH

NH is getting much better at serving gluten-free meals and many more places are popping up that have a menu or will accommodate. I can only personally recommend one called "Tavern 27" in Laconia. They do phenomenal tapas and most of their menu is gluten free. They have a dedicated fryer and the food is top notch. I am an extremely sensitive, diagnosed Celiac and I have never gotten even remotely sick from this place.

There is a 99 restaurant and an Applebee's listed for Littleton and the 99 there got excellent reviews and might be more kid friendly. However, I should add that the Tavern 27 people are extremely welcoming and I bet they would take care of kid tastes well and be happy to help out, if you find yourself going there. It is not close to the area you will be staying in but you might travel around and find yourself in Laconia or close by.

This registry should at least give you a listing of places and you can go from there. If you have questions, please feel free to ask....I know NH well.
I can also ask my sister as she lives in that general area.

Seems the link isn't working so try again: Gluten Free NH

I don't know if it's on my end or not but here you go: www.glutenfreeregistry.com.

#3 GlutenFreeAustinite

GlutenFreeAustinite

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

I haven't been to NH/StoryLand in ages, but I used to go when I was really little. It's an awesome park, if my memories aren't tinted by childhood. I wish I could be more help, but I went pre-gluten free!

The only thing I can think of...if it's anything like small town Maine, there are often little health stores and those often have a surprising variety of gluten free options.

#4 ryebaby0

ryebaby0

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Rafferty's in North Conway: http://www.raffspub.com/ which is not really near Storyland at all, but well worth the trip. It's like a regular restaurant, only with it's own gluten free menu. With actual choices. We have family in Rye and always drive the whole stinkin' way up to Conway just to eat lunch there!
Mom/wife to celiacs dx 12/03 and 12/04

Success is never final and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts -George Tilton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: