Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What Foods Give You Energy Or Make You Feel Good?

• Please log in to reply

10 replies to this topic

#1 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

I thought of this subject while eating supper last night. I had a bulb of fennel. Fennel just makes me feel good when I eat it. I really like the light licorice taste. I found it at the produce department in my local coop.

I also feel good when I eat salmon or beans. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

I like honey off a spoon. It's my treat. Also fresh berries with yogurt.

#3 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

I really get a lift from a banana in the morning. (I never really liked bananas all that much, but I really enjoy them now.)

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#4 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

I like honey off a spoon. It's my treat. Also fresh berries with yogurt.

That sounds delicious! What brand of honey do you buy?

I like watermelon with a little sugar sprinkled on top. Tastes like candy. I also love sweet potatoes and kale chips!

#5 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

The best honey is local honey. They say if you eat honey produced by local bees, you are helping your immune system by taking in something made from the pollen that you come into contact with every day, and that if you are allergic to any of those pollens, the honey can help reduce those allergies.

I've always had problems with honey. I don't know why. I AM allergic to bee stings, but I doubt very much that that would extend to honey. All I know is that if I even smell honey, it feels like someone just put plastic wrap over my nose and mouth. I find it very hard to inhale at all.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#6 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

The best honey is local honey. They say if you eat honey produced by local bees, you are helping your immune system by taking in something made from the pollen that you come into contact with every day, and that if you are allergic to any of those pollens, the honey can help reduce those allergies.

I've always had problems with honey. I don't know why. I AM allergic to bee stings, but I doubt very much that that would extend to honey. All I know is that if I even smell honey, it feels like someone just put plastic wrap over my nose and mouth. I find it very hard to inhale at all.

That is scary. I would stay far away from honey if I had a reaction like that. Thats how I get with bananas. It has something to do with latex which I am very allergic to. Last time I had one, I couldn't breathe. I will look for some local honey. Thanks. :)

#7 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

That is scary. I would stay far away from honey if I had a reaction like that. Thats how I get with bananas. It has something to do with latex which I am very allergic to. Last time I had one, I couldn't breathe. I will look for some local honey. Thanks. :)

Sounds yummy, but I have hypoglycemia and can't have sweets. I like fruit, but I even must be careful with that. What else?

#8 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

That sounds delicious! What brand of honey do you buy?

I had problems with a lot of kinds of honey. The one I get is expensive, but I can eat it without getting sick. It's called rare hawaian organic white honey.

#9 hannisa

hannisa

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:31 AM

Good question!

Probably Actimel (probiotic drink) is my number one feel good food. Also bananas as mentioned above. My one cup of coffee a day helps to combat the brain fog and gives me a rare energy boost.

#10 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Guacamole with olive oil potato chips. Fried onions. Sweet potato with dark meat chicken. Curry beef stew. Cucumber or salad with homemade ranch dressing. Peppery homemade chicken noodle soup. Fried apples.

I have a long list!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#11 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

I have a long list of things I had to quit eating, but I can have Krspy Treats made with coonut oil. I like to have one every evening..my special treat.

Unfortunately, I let my hubby and son try them and they like them better thn the original crispy treat recipe! I have to guard them. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: