3 replies to this topic

#1 heidi b

heidi b

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Has anybody used the gluten test kits from EZGluten.com? We were testing various kinds of cat food since their labeling requirements are different from human food. Some of the guaranteed gluten/grain free foods came up positive for gluten so we are questioning the results. A search of their website said the tests should be refrigerated but none of the instructions in the kit said to do so. We can't decide whether to trust the tests or the cat food manufacturers. Has anybody had any experience with these test kits?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Has anybody used the gluten test kits from EZGluten.com? We were testing various kinds of cat food since their labeling requirements are different from human food. Some of the guaranteed gluten/grain free foods came up positive for gluten so we are questioning the results. A search of their website said the tests should be refrigerated but none of the instructions in the kit said to do so. We can't decide whether to trust the tests or the cat food manufacturers. Has anybody had any experience with these test kits?

I've not used them, but they're pretty pricey.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

I find the results consistent with my reactions. Then again, I've never had cat food. :P

#4 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

I'd be inclined to trust the kit since it's cat food. Did you test some similar human food (canned tuna or something) to be sure it isn't coming up with gluten on everything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: