This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Help Again

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell Enthusiast

Mayo is relatively easy to make - whisk egg yolk (room temperature) with oil, then add lemon juice, salt, mustard seed powder. Add oil and lemon juice slowly - drop by drop.

As for the water issues - I eat lots of iceberg lettuce and I'm pretty sure it has lots of water too (and almost nothing else :-) ). Would eating soups help you?

Yeah i eat a bowl of soup for lunch almost everyday and some lettuce. I suppose i get more than i thought i did considering all the fresh veggies i eat. I managed to drink a liter today but thats half what im supposed to drink. I just feel like i dont have enough room in my swollen gut. It feels like it will take forever to go back go normal but it can only get better right?

I may make my own mayo sumtime. Ive heard it is much tastier. Thx for the directions. I think i would go mad if it werent for all my gluten free buddies on here b/c ppl just never can understand why i have to by my own stuff and think im just some kind of a health food fanatic tee hee.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you're feeling a little better.biggrin.gif

Hey, I sure enjoy your humor gal so don't go anywhere on us! (((HUGS)))

Lol yeah I will be sticking around I promise ;)

squirmingitch Veteran

hey Razzle --- mmmmmm, watermellon ....& tis the season!

hey Razzle --- mmmmmm, watermellon ....& tis the season!

See you are brilliant! Grew up in Florida I luvs watermelon so much. I have a funny story about it too lol. I am just gonna post it in the chst forum though. Anyway yes im gonna go buy some it is like a solid water block after all. :-)

squirmingitch Veteran

Where in Fl.? I grew up in Jupiter.

Where in Fl.? I grew up in Jupiter.

Melbourne. I miss it so much except the rotten egg smelling water.

squirmingitch Veteran

Just like almost everywhere else in Fl. Melbourne used to be a wonderful place. I know it well. Surfs Up! How many times did we go to Melbourne b/c the guys heard the waves were good up there when they were bad down our way?

But Melbourne, like Jupiter is not what we remember from growing up. "They paved paradise to put up a parking lot."sad.gif

Ah yes, the rotten egg smell of the water. You were on well water.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Just like almost everywhere else in Fl. Melbourne used to be a wonderful place. I know it well. Surfs Up! How many times did we go to Melbourne b/c the guys heard the waves were good up there when they were bad down our way?

But Melbourne, like Jupiter is not what we remember from growing up. "They paved paradise to put up a parking lot."sad.gif

Ah yes, the rotten egg smell of the water. You were on well water.

Aww man :angry: why?! Evil people tee hee

squirmingitch Veteran

Money grubbers.mad.gif

Money grubbers.mad.gif

:lol: you crack me up

Marilyn R Community Regular

Yeah im greedy when it comes to my condiments i guess because i bought my own.

I think I may find it challenging to cut out all condiments. Can i make my own?

Another question kinda off topic kinda not: How can I increase my water intake safely because i choke on thin liquids very badly now and i cant add metamucil to everything? I know it just sucks the fats out of my colon but i have been surviving off of it for a while now to keep my gut from completely stopping up. All that weight on my gut kills my back muscles and makes proper posture impossible. That is not something I need with a degenerated disc in my spine. Thx squirming :)

Open Original Shared Link

My memory has gone downhill, but for some reaon, I remember seeing dieticians recommening this product 15 years ago. (I was working with an enteral nutrician company.) I checked the ingredients, maltodextrin is on an "iffy" list I think.

Call or e-mail them about their gluten-free status if you're interested. I think WalMart is carryig it now. (I saw that on the website.)

I live in Stuart, you know what state you two. LOL. We're going to the nascar race in Daytona next weekend in our old beat up Rv. B)

And when you're ready to try mayo, go for Whole Foods canola mayo. (Maybe you're reacting to soy, that's in every mayo I've stood there stooping in the supermarket aisle over every jar, reading the ingredients with my peeepers on.

You don't have to give up all condiments: most mustards are still ok. I love cattleman's mustard bbq sauce. It costs $1.58 at Wally World.

squirmingitch Veteran

Have fun at the races Marilyn. Watch that sun though!cool.gif

Open Original Shared Link

My memory has gone downhill, but for some reaon, I remember seeing dieticians recommening this product 15 years ago. (I was working with an enteral nutrician company.) I checked the ingredients, maltodextrin is on an "iffy" list I think.

Call or e-mail them about their gluten-free status if you're interested. I think WalMart is carryig it now. (I saw that on the website.)

I live in Stuart, you know what state you two. LOL. We're going to the nascar race in Daytona next weekend in our old beat up Rv. B)

And when you're ready to try mayo, go for Whole Foods canola mayo. (Maybe you're reacting to soy, that's in every mayo I've stood there stooping in the supermarket aisle over every jar, reading the ingredients with my peeepers on.

You don't have to give up all condiments: most mustards are still ok. I love cattleman's mustard bbq sauce. It costs $1.58 at Wally World.

I hope you're enjoying paying fees just to bra the down there during the races lol I hated being down there just during the "preraces". Mmm that BBQ sauce sounds good thx. I will look for it.

• 3 weeks later...
Marilyn R Community Regular

I hope you're enjoying paying fees just to bra the down there during the races lol I hated being down there just during the "preraces". Mmm that BBQ sauce sounds good thx. I will look for it.

Nah, the tickets were a gift. The only thing we paid for was ice, Gas and $10 to pump the grey water tank.

Nah, the tickets were a gift. The only thing we paid for was ice, Gas and $10 to pump the grey water tank.

That's good then. I was never an "around in circles" car race kind of gal. I just kinda wanna know who is winning and who wins in the end.

love2travel Mentor

You can easily make all your own condiments - I make ketchups, mustards, barbecue sauces, pestos, salsas, marmalades, preserves... I am so used to making everything from scratch that I cannot imagine buying them. :)

You can easily make all your own condiments - I make ketchups, mustards, barbecue sauces, pestos, salsas, marmalades, preserves... I am so used to making everything from scratch that I cannot imagine buying them. :)

You must be very good at it. I would like to do that. Maybe you can share your recipes and tricks with me? ;)

~**caselynn**~ Enthusiast

You must be very good at it. I would like to do that. Maybe you can share your recipes and tricks with me? ;)

Yes share with me too, that would be just awesome!!

love2travel Mentor

Those who have been on c.com for awhile know that food is my passion and my life. I spend much time in the kitchen testing recipes and teaching classes and cooking wonderfully amazing food. I would be happy to share condiment recipes with you after church - I have hundreds. What types of condiments are you interested in specifically? I also make flavoured oils, vinegars, mayonnaise, pan sauces, tomato sauce, jams, jellies, conserves, butters (compound and fruit)...you name it, I make it. Even bacon jam which is extraordinarily luscious. Yesterday I made some lovely roasted garlic butter with Worcestershire, Dijon, fresh herbs, etc. to serve over grilled rib steak. Gorgeous.

love2travel Mentor

Wonder whether this thread should be moved to the recipes section?

I,myself, am interested in salsas and that sort of thing. A ketchup recipe would be great as well! Lol I'm open for anything.

sa1937 Community Regular

Why don't you start a new thread in the recipe section since there seems to be so much interest in condiments including ketchups, mustards, barbecue sauces, pestos, salsas, marmalades and preserves. It would probably get the attention it deserves for those who haven't checked these posts.

Personally, I think I'll just come to your house to eat!!! laugh.gif But I don't have a muu muu yet. tongue.gif

Why don't you start a new thread in the recipe section since there seems to be so much interest in condiments including ketchups, mustards, barbecue sauces, pestos, salsas, marmalades and preserves. It would probably get the attention it deserves for those who haven't checked these posts.

Personally, I think I'll just come to your house to eat!!! laugh.gif But I don't have a muu muu yet. tongue.gif

Pick me up on the way, I think that's the best plan yet! Lol ?

Yes I shall start a new thread for that right now. And yes I love just about any sauce other than ranch based sauces. Tangy and sweet Barbecue, mustard and catsup I will put on just about anything. I love mild hot sauce on chicken. I'm a pretty good cook I just don't have much experience with a lot of these homemade things. I really miss those turkey sandwiches with mayo and mustard that I grew up with that stuck to the roof of my mouth and just melted. Anyway I hope church service went very well I look forward to learning from a gluten-free master chef ;)

sa1937 Community Regular

Pick me up on the way, I think that's the best plan yet! Lol ?

Caselynn, we recently had a really long discussion about this...didn't you sign up the first time around? unsure.gif There are a bunch of us going. biggrin.gif

But if we go to L2T's house, we all need muu muus first 'cuz you know we'll all pig out!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Archived