6 replies to this topic

#1 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Before i go on a more simple gluten-free diet I am going to indulge in one last delicacy...after all tomorrow is my birthday and since I am on a special diet no one can eat my birthday treat. HOORAY! I found a recipe and I am gonna make it tonight. I cannot wait!

http://glutenfreecoo...ecakerecipe.htm

I am gonna make my own breadcrumbs too. Hopefully if i take plenty lactase i will be alright with digestion. This will probably be the last time I enjoy so much dairy but im gonna do just that enjoy it :-)
Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12
Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12
Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12
No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12
Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

Before i go on a more simple gluten-free diet I am going to indulge in one last delicacy...after all tomorrow is my birthday and since I am on a special diet no one can eat my birthday treat. HOORAY! I found a recipe and I am gonna make it tonight. I cannot wait!

http://glutenfreecoo...ecakerecipe.htm

I am gonna make my own breadcrumbs too. Hopefully if i take plenty lactase i will be alright with digestion. This will probably be the last time I enjoy so much dairy but im gonna do just that enjoy it :-)

Thanks for posting this. Hubby's been asking for a white cheesecake with chocolate mint swirl/candies/ and chocolate crust.I picked up a package of honey sweetened mint chocolates at Trader Joe's last time I was there and hid them as a surprise. Think I'll do that this week, just as a something special for Tuesday!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for posting this. Hubby's been asking for a white cheesecake with chocolate mint swirl/candies/ and chocolate crust.I picked up a package of honey sweetened mint chocolates at Trader Joe's last time I was there and hid them as a surprise. Think I'll do that this week, just as a something special for Tuesday!

Mmm that sounds delish! I dont like mint except with dairy because it burns my mouth and has for years. I guess you would beat up the sour cream topping then add melted chocolate and mint chips lightly mix and spread on top then you can put whole ones on after it cools in the fridge. I think I may add caramel myself or butterscotch. This was just the indulgent boost I needed after spending so long focusing on what i cant have. I hope you guys enjoy it! ;)
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12

#4 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

Mmm that sounds delish! I dont like mint except with dairy because it burns my mouth and has for years. I guess you would beat up the sour cream topping then add melted chocolate and mint chips lightly mix and spread on top then you can put whole ones on after it cools in the fridge. I think I may add caramel myself or butterscotch. This was just the indulgent boost I needed after spending so long focusing on what i cant have. I hope you guys enjoy it! ;)

Oh, no, I would mix chopped pieces into the batter and then put them on top of the sour cream mix (which sounds like a good idea the way you describe it) an then they melt a bit and get runny, creating a kind of minty picasso presentation!

#5 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Oh, no, I would mix chopped pieces into the batter and then put them on top of the sour cream mix (which sounds like a good idea the way you describe it) an then they melt a bit and get runny, creating a kind of minty picasso presentation!

I see. Do you have access to graham cracker that are gluten free? I had to make my own then turn around and crush them again and mix with butter. It kinda seemed redundant though. Never baked anything from scratch before but this was delicious

#6 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

I see. Do you have access to graham cracker that are gluten free? I had to make my own then turn around and crush them again and mix with butter. It kinda seemed redundant though. Never baked anything from scratch before but this was delicious

I do have gluten-free graham crackers, from Kinnikinnik, called s'moreables. They do taste just like graham crackers, and are just a bit more tender, not as crunchy. I was thinking of doing the crust, then melting some of the mint chocolates and drizzling that over the crust, freeze it, then bake the whole thing. Think that would keep the crust from burning?

How did your graham crackers (I'm assuming there was some left over after the crushing!) turn out? And the cheesecake itself? Describe! In detail! :D

#7 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

I do have gluten-free graham crackers, from Kinnikinnik, called s'moreables. They do taste just like graham crackers, and are just a bit more tender, not as crunchy. I was thinking of doing the crust, then melting some of the mint chocolates and drizzling that over the crust, freeze it, then bake the whole thing. Think that would keep the crust from burning?

How did your graham crackers (I'm assuming there was some left over after the crushing!) turn out? And the cheesecake itself? Describe! In detail! :D

HAHAHAHAAHA! You just determined to infiltrate that cake with mint and chocolate like seal team six lookin for Osama! Thats too funny lmao! Oh gosh...phew...anyway...why not? whatever busts your gut sounds good to me :)

Cheesecake turned out absolutely delicous and huge! Graham cracker crust was nice and moist but held well. The crust did taste like ginger. For some reason the brown sugar i used had ginger in it. It smelled just like ginger snap cookies when i baked it. If it is in though I cannot complain except the retarded label that had "INGREDIENTS: brown sugar". Really?! That's stupid but anyway ginger is good for the immune system so i am enjoying it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: