3 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Sines

Chad Sines

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

I have read all the archived posts in here about Captain Morgan, but I still do not feel like I know if it is an issue because of the barrels. Some swore it was contaminated, some the opposite. Just at a loss.

I drink very little. At night I might at most have a double shot in a Pepsi throwback (old sugar receipe, not HFCS) but on several mornings I get the ick feeling. I know this could just be the alcohol even though there is not much to it.

My question is whether anyone here drinks it and feels they get icked from it? It has become part of my nighttime ritual when I read, so I hate to lose it.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

Easy way to test whether it is the Capt that is bothering you. Get some clear rum, I like Bacardi, and drink that instead for a couple of weeks and see how you feel. If you are feeling better in the mornings then try adding the Capt back in for a few nights and see if the issues return.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 RPM

RPM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Which one do you drink, Raven? Bacardi Superior?

#4 Chad Sines

Chad Sines

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

I have a feeling that my gut may just be too tender for any alcohol at the moment, but Bacardi. ick. lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: