6 replies to this topic

#1 NJceliac

NJceliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

What's your favorite gluten free hand cream? I wash my hands 10-20 times during the day and need a good handcream, especially for the winter but even now in the summer, my hands are dry and rough. I prefer one that is not too oily once it is on.

Celiac Diagnosed 12/3/2011 (Positive blood work and biopsy at age 41)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Cerave. Somewhere on this forum I have posted thier email. All thier products are gluten-free.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

Cerave. Somewhere on this forum I have posted thier email. All thier products are gluten-free.

I bought some after you suggested them ages ago. Nice! And even Wally World carries them.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#4 Dapper

Dapper

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

I have a job that requires a lot of hand-washing (I'm a vet tech). I like Aquaphor for when my hands are really in a bad way, since it stays on even through repeated washings, but I personally prefer not to use petroleum-based products unless I really have to. The rest of the time, I use pure jojoba oil (the closest plant oil to human skin oils. Trader Joe's carries this) or pure shea butter (naturally anti-microbial. Organic Essence is a good brand). Both ae safe to use on lips as well as skin. You can also just use a dab of olive oil or coconut butter, too, in a pinch. If you get the pure oil/butter, you can be certain there are no gluten-containing additives, no potentially-irritating fragrances, and no fillers. Look for oils/butters preserved with rosemary extract rather than vitamin e/tocopherol/tocopherol acetate, as these anti-oxidants can be extracted from wheat germ oil.

#5 NJceliac

NJceliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

I have a job that requires a lot of hand-washing (I'm a vet tech). I like Aquaphor for when my hands are really in a bad way, since it stays on even through repeated washings, but I personally prefer not to use petroleum-based products unless I really have to. The rest of the time, I use pure jojoba oil (the closest plant oil to human skin oils. Trader Joe's carries this) or pure shea butter (naturally anti-microbial. Organic Essence is a good brand). Both ae safe to use on lips as well as skin. You can also just use a dab of olive oil or coconut butter, too, in a pinch. If you get the pure oil/butter, you can be certain there are no gluten-containing additives, no potentially-irritating fragrances, and no fillers. Look for oils/butters preserved with rosemary extract rather than vitamin e/tocopherol/tocopherol acetate, as these anti-oxidants can be extracted from wheat germ oil.

Does your skin feel oily after using the jojoba oil or shea butter? How do you keep the palms of your hands from being to greasy? Do you just use this once or twice a day and not re-apply during the day?I appreciate everyone's help.

#6 NJceliac

NJceliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

I have used Cerave before, didn't realize it was gluten free, thank you. It works well for me most sesons but I find in the winter, not quite strong enough.

#7 lpellegr

lpellegr

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

I like Lubriderm. Easy to find.
Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users