This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

So Long For Now

1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Some day, maybe he will understand and I will be back.'

See ya.

Diana

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Some day, maybe he will understand and I will be back.'

See ya.

Diana

Because of the diet, or the time you spend online? Perhaps he should do some reading here.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Diana, Sorry to hear your leaving us. Stop in when you can even if it is under another name.

kareng Grand Master

If you are allowed or can sneak time on a computer and see this-

I'm sorry. That's a very scary way to live. I hope you can get help when you are ready for it.

squirmingitch Veteran

(((HUGS))) Diana

modiddly16 Enthusiast

That's pretty upsetting that your husband would have a problem with you writing on a forum to try and better your health. I wish you the best.

VydorScope Proficient

I wonder if he feels she is revealing to much private info. Some people are not as comfortable with public lives as others. He may be embarrassed even by the medical issues. If that is the case, it is good that she respects him enough to pull out.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

If it is a privacy issue he is upset about, (I assume you are using your real name right now) you can change your user ID--just ask Admin (Scott). He can help you.

Sorry you are leaving. You seemed to be getting valuable information and enjoying contributing as well.

My husband has a different take on the forum. It was one of the

resources that helped save my life. Now, it helps me to help others who are in the same sinking boat.

Sorry to see you go---I wish you well!

Diane-in-FL Explorer

I agree with kareng. He sounds like a control freak to me. It's so sad when spouses aren't supportive, but this goes beyond that. :(

kareng Grand Master

For those who have been following Diana, they will have read several times that her husband was not supportive of her doing what she needs to for her health. She can certainly change her name on here.

IrishHeart Veteran

For those who have been following Diana, they will have read several times that her husband was not supportive of her doing what she needs to for her health. She can certainly change her name on here.

This is important information for anyone reading this thread.

thanks, K!

This community wants Diana to be well.

We will always be here for you, Diana!

GFinDC Veteran

Well, maybe it is a temporary thing. I hope he comes to realize that celiac disease is not an easy thing to live with as a beginner, and that there is not much of anywhere else to get good advice about adapting to the gluten-free lifestyle. As we all know, most doctors are happy to tell you "guess what you have an autoimmune disease, don't eat gluten, go away". That's about as helpful as saying have a nice day. In Australia the doctors tell their patients to seek out the Australian celiac society for support. There doctor's at least know they are not qualified to help and admit it. I hope your husband comes to understand this is a serious disease, and that you are not going to find the help you need from just any joe-blow doctor or dietician. There are several celiac specialty centers in the USA that can help, but they may not be a convenient drive. Chicago, LA, and Baltimore have the main ones. This forum is a lot more accessible and convenient than driving a few hundred miles and paying for advice you get free here.

Don't forget the advice you got here, and watch out for hucksters selling phony gluten aides on the web. It's lonely being a person with a disease that nobody around you understands, even your own family. And your doctor doesn't help either. With celiac we help each other because we have to, not much of anyone else will do it.

love2travel Mentor

That's pretty upsetting that your husband would have a problem with you writing on a forum to try and better your health. I wish you the best.

This is how I feel as well. I hope you have another support system in place as you do need one. Please take care of yourself and continue on the gluten-free road to good health. Remember changing your lifestyle is likely saving your life! It is that important. Life is a very precious thing.

Hope to see you back sooner than you think! :)

• 1 month later...

First I would like to say that I have a good marriage. It is going through its hardest test. The test began long ago when my body was making life difficult on me. It's continual demands makes life hard for the whole family. Yes, the struggle has been there all along and now finally, knowing gluten is likely a causing factor, we may be able to quiet this body- atleast what is left of it.

If Only I could see this from my husband's side. He has put much money into supplements which have helped immensly. He has worked a full time job and been dedicated to spending time with all of our children. He sent me back to the doctor that had helped years ago. He has built a home in such a way to protect me from my allergies. There are countless ways that he has supported me in this trial.

What is it that I want? Someone to talk over the situation with and tell me how to cope. I want to be carried/held continually. I want him to trust my judgement when I say I am not up to something. I want some applause for standing up. (I know one doctor that would do this for me). My husband can't do these things. He is not medically inclined. Neither was I. He is busy. It is hard to see past a less-then neat-house and into the heart of a very frustrated lady. He simply cannot relate to constant fatigue. Lately, he told me he does not get fatigued when he works hard. He gets invigorated!

So maybe the forum can fill in some where he fails. Over the past few weeks I have been finding questions to ask and I am going to start posting them. I also discovered that a lady around the block is suffering. As I described my struggles, she said, oh, yeah I have had that same thing. Every subject I brought up. Most everyone on the forum has had them too. I know, because I have read them. I heard my neighbor was suffering (just by chance) when talking to a mutual friend. There are provisions for me put together by God who cares. He is working in the situation and on me.

So, I am back. Just incase my family would prefer it I have withheld my name. Love and health to you all. DT

I was not able to change my name or delete this, but for now we will have to go with it. Funny, I posted this as anonymous, but when I hit post it put my name.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Welcome back. I hope things improve for you soon. I agree that many folks that haven't dealt with overwhelming fatigue just don't get it. I don't think they understand that if we do push through it we then pay for it for days afterward. It can take a long time for some of us to heal to the point where we really have energy. Hopefully you will reach that point before too long.

"With celiac we help each other because we have to, not much of anyone else will do it."

You mean, You did not volunteer for this position either?

jerseyangel Proficient

D, you can't change your username yourself but if you PM "admin" he will do it for you. That way you can post away and feel comfortable. Glad you are back:)

squirmingitch Veteran

Welcome back!

GFinDC Veteran

"With celiac we help each other because we have to, not much of anyone else will do it."

You mean, You did not volunteer for this position either?

Ha-Ha, I guess I volunteered the same way everyone did. I was born with the right genes and something made them click into gear. But we can help each other by sharing information and ideas about living with celiac, so that is a good thing. This site has helped a lot of people since it was started.

RonSchon Explorer

Anonymous,

I'm glad you are back. The way you left seemed out of frustration, and I can really relate to that.

My marriage wasn't strong enough to withstand my inability to find a diagnosis for my problems, and I know I diminished my spouses and childs life because of the pains and discomforts and depressions that I was suffering blindly.

I remember back in 2003 that I even took several different prescriptions for depression - I had never been depressed before in my life. I couldn't even explain why I was. I knew I was bloating and sat on the toilet 4 hours a day, had no energy and fitness wiped me out beyond what I could explain, but no resolution ever came. At least not in time to save my marriage.

You are so lucky. You have the opportunity to save your life now, and in that you also have the chance to save your marriage.

I know I am very thankful for this forum, both the historical reference material and the regular chatter's, and am glad you will also be a part of the neighborhood.

Ron

Archived