Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Drinking Alcohol

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Vodka has always been my drink of choice when at a party. I know that some vodka is distilled with wheat so I avoid those kinds and have been drinking ones distilled with a corn base. But I have realized that I have a corn sensitivity so I'm thinking I should now avoid those kinds of vodkas. I heard there are vodkas distilled with potato? Is there anything else they distill it with. Do any of you guys have this problem and know what kind of vodkas I can drink?

PS. I am in Canada

Ads by Google:

Hello all,

Vodka has always been my drink of choice when at a party. I know that some vodka is distilled with wheat so I avoid those kinds and have been drinking ones distilled with a corn base. But I have realized that I have a corn sensitivity so I'm thinking I should now avoid those kinds of vodkas. I heard there are vodkas distilled with potato? Is there anything else they distill it with. Do any of you guys have this problem and know what kind of vodkas I can drink?

PS. I am in Canada

Chopin Vodka is good. I never had a problem with any vodkas, but I switched to wine several years ago.

Hello all,

PS. I am in Canada

It's a bit expensive, but I like a French vodka that is distilled from grapes. It's called "C

i just have to think that the amount of gluten that could possibly get through that process has to be no more than you would get CC'd with just being alive assuming nothing is added later to it. I think a lot of people's issue with the hard liquor is that their gut is too tender for it. I could be wrong.

I think a lot of people's issue with the hard liquor is that their gut is too tender for it.

I agree. Many quality liquors are triple distilled. You just need to do your homework.

I agree with Chad and Lisa. Until your gut heals, it may just be too much. Most liquor is around 40% alcohol (80 proof), which is a strong concentration. A few rums (rum is never from grain) are as much as 75% alcohol.

I, myself, like the Twenty2 Vodka. It's made in Maine, actually in my hometown, and states right on their site that it's gluten-free. Check it out for yourself: twenty2vodka.com

I like Vikingfjord, potato vodka. When drinking I tend to prefer it as even red wine has too much sugar for me.

Thanks for the info guys :)

Luksusowa is a good potato vodka.