Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Hot Dogs That Are Also Casein Free?

6 posts in this topic

I need to know in a hurry so does anybody know of hot dogs that are gluten-free & CF? I've heard Hebrew National but I figured that could be outdated so I was just looking for what people use that have to adhere to both of those things

Ads by Google:

I need to know in a hurry so does anybody know of hot dogs that are gluten-free & CF? I've heard Hebrew National but I figured that could be outdated so I was just looking for what people use that have to adhere to both of those things

I don't know anything about major store brands, but I get some from Applegate Farms that are gluten-free/casein-free. You can look at them here.

They are not cheap. i don't know how widely they are distributed...a Whole Foods type market might have them.

Hebrew National should be. To be Kosher, they can't mix meat with milk products. Check thier website, they might list ingredients or explain that milk and meat can't mix.

Hebrew National is fine. I have to be free of both and that is the brand I eat since I know we (jews) don't mix meat and dairy. I have never ever eaten meat and dairy together even before diagnosis. Plus they are the best in my opinion so enjoy.

My son is gluten-free and CF. I found out that Frank's Trukey dogs are both gluten-free and CF and are usually readily available in most supermarkets and stores. Not too bad a price either.

Casein is milk, and as such, must be clearly disclosed by federal law. Read the label.