9 replies to this topic

#1 MindytheOrganist

MindytheOrganist

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Chick-Fil-A will be opening a new restaurant on my side of town. I heard there are gluten-free options available. What has been your experience with Chick-Fil-A?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

First, we always ask to talk to a shift Manager, to explain our "severe allergy" ( I know ... I know...Celiac is not an allergy!) and ask them to change their gloves and cook fresh fries and not to have the food handled on the line where the prep the sandwiches.

We enjoy the fries (cooked seperatly), the ice cream, and the grilled chicken patty or grilled nuggest (good in the polynesian sauce) We also do the side salads and coleslaw and fresh fruit cup. If you go online, they have a list.

I just always ask upfront for a manager. The one by our house is good, and we have eaten at different ones in different cities and states. Every once in a while we do get CC, but for the most part we do good (or we wouldn't go back)

Enjoy!

#3 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

The fries are ALWAYS cooked separately.

richard

#4 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean that the fries weren't cooked seperarately, or that I asked them to cook them seperaretely, I was just stating that they were seperate. They use a pressure cooker for their breaded chicken, so there is never a cross contact with their fries. Their fries are great! And Safe.

Here is the list of their gluten free food.
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Gluten

#5 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I usually order the chargrilled chicken garden salad. I have asked the managers(of the three I eat at) and they tell me the salads either have a seperate room or station. I don't eat out much, but this is usually safe for me. Enjoy!
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#6 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Running errands, we stopped in today.

It was too hot to eat heavy, but I had the six piece grilled chic nuggets and the carrot salad. Both were good and not too much on a hot day.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#7 cruzmom

cruzmom

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Just dont eat the sunflower seads that come with the salad. I was out of it and didnt check before eating and it has wheat starch! I got pretty sick. :(

#8 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Just dont eat the sunflower seads that come with the salad. I was out of it and didnt check before eating and it has wheat starch! I got pretty sick. :(

Thanks! I forgot to mention that!
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#9 1974girl

1974girl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

We go to Chick Fil-A more than we should probably. Our local one's owner has celiac. She also works there. She tells me what my daughter can and can't have. She told me that the grilled nuggets kids meal was so safe that I could go through a drive through and not have to explain everything. They use seperate tongs to get out the nuggets and not gloves. Maybe it was just hers since she is celiac but I am so thankful to have a drive-thru to be able to go to!

#10 lynnelise

lynnelise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

I eat at Chick-fil-a frequently and never have issues. I get the fries, the grilled nuggets, the honey roasted bbq sauce, the side or grilled salad, fruit cups, and ice dream cups. Sometimes in the mornings I get an egg and bacon with hashbrowns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: