This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hot Enough For You?

Darn210

Darn210 Enthusiast

Just thought I'd do a quick survey and see how hot everyone is . . .

Here, now . . . 105 deg F (my car said it was 107, though).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kareng Grand Master

My neighbor's porch thermometer, in the shade, 107. That was an hour ago. Could be hotter now as 5 is about the hottest time. If it weren't so hot i'ld go over and look. :D

GF Lover Rising Star

102 outside my sunroom. Hubs just went to golf league :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient

Well it's a cool 91 here right now. Tomorrow is forecasted to be 100 and Saturday 99.

IndiaEileen Newbie

...It's 65 here is beautiful, overcast Tacoma, WA...

<_<

bartfull Rising Star

We got up to 110 the other day, but today is only in the mid 90's. BUT, they are sealing the roof on my shop and the smell is so strong I had to turn the AC off and open the doors. It is HOT in here!

IrishHeart Veteran

It was almost 90 today in upstate NY, but it was not oppressive.

There was a nice breeze.

Last week, it hit 101 and that was a little much. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

It has gone down 2 degrees to 105 so off to M' s lacrosse game. The field is artificial do it should be hotter than grass. They have sprinklers for the grass edges which they will turn on and make the boys get wet.

Darn210 Enthusiast

The weird thing was, I had to do a little work outside. Nothing too strenuous. I was outside maybe 45 minutes. It was really hot but I wasn't sweating. I attributed it to the fact that the humidity isn't too bad. When I came into the house, the sweat just started pouring off of me. I think it was just evaporating so fast when I was outside that I didn't think I was sweating.

Wait a minute . . . :blink: . . . I'm a girl. I don't sweat.

I glow

:rolleyes:

I glowed a lot!!

Lisa Mentor

The 4th of July is always miserably hot here. It's rather dis concerning, because we take the boat to the waterfront, eat-drink :) aboard, and watch the "works", with friends and family.

We are getting the heat that you speak about Janet, tomorrow and it will run for the next week.....96 - 100's. <_<

And when I'm Queen, the 4th of July will be in May! B)

squirmingitch Veteran

We were slated to be 95 today but we topped out at 89.3 around 4 pm with 45% humidity & a nice breeze. It was quite comfortable under the shade of old Live Oak trees.

Tomorrow were supposed to be 99. I hope not.

purple Community Regular

Yesterday morning we had frost, but I had covered my zucchini and tomatoes. Today it was low 90's. I love our cool nights for sleeping and letting in the morning cool to cool the house off for the day.

Jestgar Rising Star

I think we hit 70 today.

Darn210 Enthusiast

I think we hit 70 today.

<insert.jealous.emoticon.here>

My ideal location would have a temperature range of 48 to 76 . . . for the highs. It's allowed to get colder than that at night.

Is that what you've got, Jess?

Purple, where 'bouts are you getting frost? You don't have to be specific . . . but in general, where are you?

Darn210 Enthusiast

It's not looking good for us here, today. 93 degrees at 11 am.

<insert.sweaty.emoticon.here>

GF Lover Rising Star

Today, 11 am, 95 degrees outside the sunroom. I have one of those digital Weather Center things. It's accurate. The humidity is also climbing, last check was 65 percent. North Central Ohio will be steamy today. B)

Jestgar Rising Star

Almost 70 again today, with scattered rain. That's pretty much standard summer temps here.

mushroom Proficient

We had 88 yesterday, projecting 88 today but them warmin' up a bit. 14% humidity. If I forget and leave a load of clothes in the washer, they dry anyway - I found out! Then you has to wash 'em again. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! And what is this sweat/glow stuff??? :unsure:

IrishHeart Veteran

My aunt told me this when I was a kid, if that is what J. means:

Horses SWEAT

Men PERSPIRE

Women GLOW

:lol:

Already 90 at 11:45 in NY.

That "glowing" J mentioned?

I did about 15 minutes of dead-heading perennials and ...mmmhmmm... whew!

purple Community Regular

<insert.jealous.emoticon.here>

My ideal location would have a temperature range of 48 to 76 . . . for the highs. It's allowed to get colder than that at night.

Is that what you've got, Jess?

Purple, where 'bouts are you getting frost? You don't have to be specific . . . but in general, where are you?

north of boise, I got the house to 59 this morning and lovin it, supposed to be about 88 here today. Gonna bake some cod I got at Winco...

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

Hit 104* yesterday. Today much cooler...98*. ;)

We have a solarium (greenhouse) addition at the back of our house. I opened the door and it's like a blast furnace! Very similar to how hot a car gets inside. :(

GF Lover Rising Star

Getting clocked by a really bad storm. Winds of 80 mph, quarter sized hail. Temp went down a bit tho :D

sa1937 Community Regular

Today, 11 am, 95 degrees outside the sunroom. I have one of those digital Weather Center things. It's accurate. The humidity is also climbing, last check was 65 percent. North Central Ohio will be steamy today. B)

bartfull Rising Star

No matter what the weather is like, I'll never forget what Gary Elenbolt, the morning guy on our local NPR station said one 10 below morning: "It's cold enough to freeze an egg on the sidewalk."

10 below sounds pretty good right now.

kareng Grand Master

We are having 100+. The boys are working in the firework tent so they are fully enjoying the heat. :o

Archived