Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Hot Enough For You?

116 posts in this topic

100+ with humidity here in Florida!

Ads by Google:

9:30 am here in north central Fl. & 86.7 degrees, 71% humidity. Sunny skies. Prediction is for a high of 95 but here, the humidity will likely go down with that temp.

Low 70s here before 8 am this morning. I hate hate hate getting up early but I certainly can't complain about our high desert mornings, they sure are great. We should be baking right around 100 or so for the next three days though. Thankfully I'm not really sure that there is such a thing as humidity here. The fire closest to home should be contained today thankfully so maybe some firefighters will get to go home and get a break from this oppressive heat.

I'm thinking of the summer I spent a few weeks back home in PA, it was only about 85 most days but so humid that it felt like we were breathing pea soup and if you so much as moved an inch you'd be covered in sweat head to toe. You guys can keep that crap thank you very much. I'll keep my mountain views, weeks and weeks at a time of sunshine and dry air.

I'm thinking of the summer I spent a few weeks back home in PA, it was only about 85 most days but so humid that it felt like we were breathing pea soup and if you so much as moved an inch you'd be covered in sweat head to toe. You guys can keep that crap thank you very much. I'll keep my mountain views, weeks and weeks at a time of sunshine and dry air.

PA was pretty miserable last week...we hit 100

It cooled off to the 80's yesterday and it should be this way all week here in NY. It's only 75 right now. (I like it hotter, honestly)

Like Sylvia, we need some rain or the grass will be toast soon.

:(

Our grass IS toast. We were DOWN to only 90 on Sunday and we were all happy about it.

This week we're in the high 80's and just down right exstatic.

I wish it would rain. :unsure:

No rain here either...my brown crunchy lawn hasn't been mowed since June 20. At this rate I may not get a bill from the lawn care company this month.

Around 114 to 120 today (depending on what part of town). Yesterday my car said 119.

Ugh.

Around 114 to 120 today (depending on what part of town). Yesterday my car said 119.

Ugh.

Now that's hot!

Currently 59 degrees at 9:00 am in Oregon. Supposed to get up 82 today! We still have lush green grass and no sprinklers yet this year! :)

Currently 59 degrees at 9:00 am in Oregon. Supposed to get up 82 today! We still have lush green grass and no sprinklers yet this year! :)

Sounds heavenly--enjoy! B)

I think I'm going to move to Oregon . . . seriously . . . It's on the short list for retirement locations.

RAIN! :lol:

I think I'm going to move to Oregon . . . seriously . . . It's on the short list for retirement locations.

My friend's daughter lives in Portland. She just graduated from medical school there and she says it is paradise. :) She sends me pics and well, it sure looks like it.

It's on our list too, J.

RAIN! :lol:

You got rain??? yaaaay! Send it up the coast to PA and NY, please? thank you!

My friend's daughter lives in Portland. She just graduated from medical school there and she says it is paradise. :) She sends me pics and well, it sure looks like it.

It's on our list too, J.

I must say, I was actually born in Florida and then my family lived in Alabama. I was way too young to remember any of it. We have lived in Oregon since I was 5 and it makes it very difficult to visit other places without feeling way too hot! I love that there is not much humidity, because I cannot stand to 'glisten' (since girls don't sweat). I think the Willamette Valley is one of the only places where you will use your car heater in the early morning, the AC in the afternoon and the heater again at night!

I also heard that Oregon is one of the places that sells the most sunglasses since we always misplace them during the fall/winter/spring months when we don't use them everyday! It doesn't take too long to grow webbed feet!

I also heard that Oregon is one of the places that sells the most sunglasses since we always misplace them during the fall/winter/spring months when we don't use them everyday! It doesn't take too long to grow webbed feet!

Ah, a real Oregonian tells us the truth....so, for the most part, it is too wet!

Bless you and thanks for the real answer....um, I do not need webbed feet.

It's plenty wet (with snow) here in NY. A Bostonian by birth, I've had my share of the "wet stuff".... :lol:

Exactly 100 with humidity. This is GROSS! How on earth do you people cope? This is only our fourth very hot day and I am a bit cranky and almost wishing for snow. I do not know what is worse: 100F or -40F. Actually, I still think -40F is worse and we have that for weeks on end.

Anyway, did I mention this is gross? :P I am dripping sweat not even doing anything. :angry:

haha, It is winter here so it is freezing, I have to scrape the ice off the car in the morning!

At this present moment it is down to 74 here in Northern Maine, Was mid 80's earlier. Very nice day, not too hot and not too cold!

haha, It is winter here so it is freezing, I have to scrape the ice off the car in the morning!

Well, THAT just cooled ME off! hehe thanks, Beebs!

The other thing you have to watch out for in Oregon is the moldy armpits :blink:

Move to Vancouver, WA. You don't pay state income tax (Oregon), and you can shop in Portland and not pay sales tax (Washington).

Our heat wave finally broke a few days ago. In the 80's today, low 60's tonight. But it looks like it's going to start creeping back up into the 90's later in the week. We've not used to this kind of heat this early.