This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hot Enough For You?

Darn210

Darn210 Enthusiast

Anyway, did I mention this is gross? :P I am dripping sweat not even doing anything. :angry:

No No No . . . you're GLOWING . . . you're dripping with glowness!!

Move to Vancouver, WA. You don't pay state income tax (Oregon), and you can shop in Portland and not pay sales tax (Washington).

Ummm . . . :blink: . . . OK :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lfrost Explorer

Move to Vancouver, WA. You don't pay state income tax (Oregon), and you can shop in Portland and not pay sales tax (Washington).

LOL, Best of both worlds! When I was in high school my friend's mom (they lived in WA) used to have me come up to shop at Vancouver Mall with them for school clothes so I could show my Oregon ID and not pay sales taxes.

kareng Grand Master

Just got this from my aunt in Ohio.

IT'S SO HOT .....REALLY - HOW HOT IS IT ........?

......the birds have to use potholders to pull the worms out of the ground.

.....the trees are whistling for the

dogs.

.....the best parking place is determined

by shade instead of distance

.....hot water comes from both

taps.

.....you can make sun tea

instantly.

.....you learn that a seat belt buckle

makes a pretty good branding iron.

.....the temperature drops below 90 F and

you feel a little chilly.

.....you discover that in July it only

takes two fingers to steer your car.

.....you discover that you can get

sunburned through your car window.

.....you actually burn your hand opening

the car door.

.....you break into a sweat the instant

you step outside at 7:30 A.M.

.....your biggest motorcycle wreck fear

is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to

death"?

.....you realize that asphalt has a liquid

stage.

.....the potatoes cook underground, so all

you have to do is pull one out and add butter.

.....the cows are giving evaporated

milk.

.....farmers are feeding their chickens

crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

IT'S SO DRY that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists

are using wet-wipes, the Presbyterians are giving rain checks, and the Catholics

are praying for the wine to turn back into

water!

bartfull Rising Star

Today's high, a predicted 96 degrees. Low, 64. And we are under threat of dry lightning. With all of the dead trees and the lack of rain, it could be a scary day. :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient

Those were great (and for the most part true!) B)

Lfrost Explorer

Thanks for the laughs Kareng!

~**caselynn**~ Enthusiast

Just got this from my aunt in Ohio.

......the birds have to use potholders to pull the worms out of the ground.

.....the trees are whistling for the

dogs.

.....the best parking place is determined

by shade instead of distance

.....hot water comes from both

taps.

.....you can make sun tea

instantly.

.....you learn that a seat belt buckle

makes a pretty good branding iron.

.....the temperature drops below 90 F and

you feel a little chilly.

.....you discover that in July it only

takes two fingers to steer your car.

.....you discover that you can get

sunburned through your car window.

.....you actually burn your hand opening

the car door.

.....you break into a sweat the instant

you step outside at 7:30 A.M.

.....your biggest motorcycle wreck fear

is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to

death"?

.....you realize that asphalt has a liquid

stage.

.....the potatoes cook underground, so all

you have to do is pull one out and add butter.

.....the cows are giving evaporated

milk.

.....farmers are feeding their chickens

crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

IT'S SO DRY that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists

are using wet-wipes, the Presbyterians are giving rain checks, and the Catholics

are praying for the wine to turn back into

water!

These are hilarious!! I needed that laugh, thanks for sharing ?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

I found a spot to park in the shade today at the Docs office, then had to use my inhaler to walk that much further to the door :blink:

Yesterday I had an hour to wait between getting nuke material injected and then the scan, I waited in the car so I could recline. Left side leg and forearm sunburn B)

My shoe heels get stuck on the asphalt by my mailbox, really annoying.

Ohioans can also drive with their knees to avoid the steering wheel at all costs, thus leaving two hands free to eat and drink.

:lol:

squirmingitch Veteran

Karen ----laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Adalaide Mentor

I kind of glad I haven't been able to drive. I whine like a little girl when I have to touch a hot steering wheel. I've been whining every afternoon when I go out to water my plants. Monday was okay, but yesterday and today I've practically gotten sweaty just looking out the door. I've been dripping by the time I come back in and it seriously takes like 5-10 minutes. This is kinda ridiculous.

There was one evening it was cooled off a bit and was raining, I went out and turned on the grill. My husband was kind of freaked out a little that I'd be out in the rain grilling. I was like it sure beats standing out in the sun at 100+ grilling.

It's a whopping 58 deg with 90% humidity here at the moment....our weather has been so screwy!? It's supposed to be beautiful here this weekend, high 80's! Yahoo!! LOL I know my hot is some of your colds lately!

purple Community Regular

Here its been just about 100 for a week now and no humidity, 50 at night...YES!

Juliebove Rising Star

Close to 80 today which is hot for here.

mushroom Proficient

103, 10% humidity, 68 at night.

RonSchon Explorer

It's funny living in Phoenix.... Our temp is hotter at 6:30am when I go to work than most everybody gets all day.

My car, while sitting at a stop light the other day, told me it was 130 - must have been getting heat off the pavement. Air temp was only 117.

It's usually 90-95 when I head to work.

Mango04 Enthusiast

59 and foggy :blink:

Lisa Mentor

59 and foggy :blink:

Nice. And I miss your pretty avatar! ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

"Cooled down" to 90 yesterday, but the evenings are "cool enough" at 75.

But if we do not get some rain soon, the apple orchards will be in trouble, (again--same as last year) and the local corn crops are looking shabby.

I feel bad for the local farmers. :(

bartfull Rising Star

It is my fantasy that not only will the drought hurt the corn crop, but that a blight will occur that wipes corn off of the face of the earth. Of course I wish for farmers that they find a lucrative replacement crop so they don't go broke, but that whatever that replacement crop is, it be something that no one is allergic or intolerant to. :rolleyes:

mushroom Proficient

I have to admit to a moment or two of pleasure at the sight of ears of corn withering on the stalk :P but then considering that there could well be fields of sorghum nearby :unsure:

kareng Grand Master

I have to admit to a moment or two of pleasure at the sight of ears of corn withering on the stalk :P but then considering that there could well be fields of sorghum nearby :unsure:

Last summer, here in Kansas, the corn withered and died. The sorghum looked great! Perhaps it's a bit hardier than the corn?

Darn210 Enthusiast

We were suppose to have several days of really good chances/percentages of rain . . . they are drying up and blowing away :(

Can't tell you the last time I was hoping for rain this much . . . hoping to be inconvenienced or have any outside plans cancelled at the last minute!!!

Mango, what part of the world are you in these days?

IrishHeart Veteran

It is my fantasy that not only will the drought hurt the corn crop, but that a blight will occur that wipes corn off of the face of the earth. Of course I wish for farmers that they find a lucrative replacement crop so they don't go broke, but that whatever that replacement crop is, it be something that no one is allergic or intolerant to. :rolleyes:

Actually, the corn is grown for their dairy cows, not for people. These are dairy farmers around here (I'm in NY). I feel bad for them because they struggle already and without the rain, it's just going to make it worse.

90's, sunny and humid here in Maine! Phew it's pretty warm! Luckily I'm camping and enjoying the heat!

kareng Grand Master

5 pm and 103F. tomorrow 107. the sprinklers will be on tomorrow for lacrosse.

Archived