7 replies to this topic

#1 Darissa

Darissa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

In a few weeks I will be traveling to Universal Studios in Hollywood and also SeaWorld in San Deigo. I was wondering if anyone had any food suggestions for these parks or these areas for restaurants. We traveled to Sea World in SanDiego about 6 months ago, and did not have a good experience at the park. Wanting to know if someone has eaten at either of these parks with good experiences lately. Also, any restaurants that are in the area would be nice to know. I've never been to Universal City or Hollywood area.

Thanks so much! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer gluten free travels!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

We went a couple of years ago to univ Studios. They let us bring in food. I had a soft sided lunchbox cooler and left it in a locker by the front gate. We all wished we had brought food. It was so busy, lines for food were 1/2 hour. My boys ( not gluten-free) left the park for the city area to get food. Hub settled for a 15 minute wait for ice cream. They have lots of little carts to get water & soda & mInute Maid frozen lemonade. You should check that thier policies are still the same. I brought a loaf a bread from home and bought stuff like PB & jelly and cold cuts and cheese at the grocery.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Thanks so much! I will call and find out if we can bring our own food. I don't want my family to spend their time waiting for gluten free food at the restaurants there. Thanks for the tips:)

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Thanks so much! I will call and find out if we can bring our own food. I don't want my family to spend their time waiting for gluten free food at the restaurants there. Thanks for the tips:)

I don't think there is gluten-free food in the " restauraunts". Maybe bags of chips, sodas and candy. The frozen lemonade was good in the heat. There was another thread not to long ago about that area. I think there might be a place we could eat in the " city" area outside the gates.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

here's the link to when I went. I think the recent univ Studios thread was for Florida not CA.

http://www.celiac.co...versal-studios/

santa-dance.gif

#6 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for the link! I know it is always safer to bring own food in, which I think we will do. My daugther loves disney since she can eat safely, but we wanted to try somewhere new this time. When we went to Seaworld last year, we didn't have much luck with the gluten free food either. I think we will bring in our gluten-free bagels, pnut butter, and fruit. Thanks

#7 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

I contacted Universal, they do now offer gluten free dining options. I am still going to bring in a small amount of food to make it though the day for us, which they said we could, but I will also check out the dinning options. I will let you all know how it goes after the fact!

#8 dandt

dandt

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

I didn't do any research before we went and my family ended up wandering into an italian place before i had noticed so i had a bit of a dodgy salad. it was quite gross and i didn't eat much of it. Later in the day I had some hot chips. I didn't check if they were gluten free but i was hungry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: