Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Something I Did Not Expect (!)

15 posts in this topic

I've been gluten-free for about 5 months now

Ads by Google:

If you don't mind, how old are you? Under 21? Just curious to see if any (young) adults who have been malnourished for a long time see a slight growth spurt after going gluten-free.

Yes – I am under 21. :)

Yes

Ok. Now remember to duck under that light fixture.

:lol:

Funny thing is: the rest of my family is tall – Dad is 6'4", Mom is 5'9", brother is 6'0-6'1" and my uncle (the resident giant) is 6'7"...it goes on... but, I have witnessed them all bump their heads numerous times on this stupid chandelier! Guess I've been initiated into the club...

I guess they'll allow you on the Basketball team now.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

:lol: That's great! you're definitely doing it right.

Makes me wonder if I'd known about cc as a kid, if I would have actually grown past age 12. LOL

I won't share this with my daughter! At 5'8" she had two questions about going gluten-free, will I gain weight and will I grow taller? Being a ballet dancers she doesn't want to get any taller. Finding a male to partner with is hard enough at 5'8"! :P

:lol:

The uncle that is 6'7" originally wanted to become a pilot in the navy – he couldn't fit in the cockpit! - couldn't make it through the door! :lol:

I was a gymnast so the shorter stature worked to my advantage there, but we always wondered why I was so much shorter. Now that I think about it, I stopped growing right around the time that I began having more noticeable health/GI "issues."

Makes me wonder if I'd known about cc as a kid, if I would have actually grown past age 12. LOL

Who knew?!

I can relate to your daughter! On the other hand, taller dancers always have beautiful lines. :)

I was so hoping to grow once going gluten free, growing yes.......just wider, no height. At 43 i can still dream though!

I was so hoping to grow once going gluten free, growing yes.......just wider, no height. At 43 i can still dream though!

Yes! Like I said, I did *not* expect to grow after going gluten-free. In fact, I never would have thought of myself as being "malnourished." It just goes to show you that a) it is a spectrum (malnourishment) and b ) people have an uncanny ability to adjust to various "normals" even though what they might be experiencing may not in fact be normal!

I GREW 1/2 an inch in 5 months after having been stagnant for years! According to the doctors I was done growing awhile ago... hehehe!

I'm pretty excited about this growing thing (and needed to share)! :D

Wow that's really somethin!

Glad you shared that.

Still growing!!

What is this?! :D

Still growing!!

What is this?! :D

soooo, how tall were you when you stopped, and how much have now gained? The expectation with those parents would have been ~ 5'10" or so...but is the "giant uncle"

your fathers brother, if so, maybe your father was intended to be taller?

soooo, how tall were you when you stopped, and how much have now gained? The expectation with those parents would have been ~ 5'10" or so...but is the "giant uncle"

your fathers brother, if so, maybe your father was intended to be taller?

I was around 5'4" 1/2 when I stopped at 15. I am now 5'6" (6 months gluten-free). The giant uncle is my father's brother.... but my mother's mother was 6' also. I'm not sure about my father, but I think my brother should have been taller (he is barely 6'). I am slowly convincing him to go gluten-free