20 replies to this topic

#1 Simona19

Simona19

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

I have been making pictures from my dinners for the past 5 months- only when I made something that looked very good. I never got the chance to post them when I made them, so I decided to make one post with them (just because I hate to make them for nothing).
So Enjoy!

1. Roasted turkey breast with onion and mustard made into sauce with peas. Cooked potato halves with fresh chopped parsley and olive oil and pickled cabbage salad.
Posted Image

2. Crepes with chocolate pudding, fresh fruit and ice cream.
Posted Image

3. Roasted beef chunks with gravy, mashed potatoes with fresh chopped parsley and plain cooked beets.
Posted Image

4.Sauteed chicken breast with frozen spinach, halved Brussels sprouts, and homemade red pepper relish. Cooked potato halves with fresh parsley and olive oil. Fresh shredded carrots mixed with sugar.
Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

5. Fried mushrooms (flour, egg, bread crumbs), salad from mixed lettuce, red bell pepper, 2 Tbsp. vegetarian baked beans, and cucumber. Fried potato chunks and on side chopped red onion mixed with mustard.
Posted Image

6. Cooked beef chunks in plain water, when soft added Rhinaldi spaghetti sauce with 1 green Bell pepper and caraway seeds over Shar pasta. You can add shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Posted Image

7. Sauteed chicken breast (just salt and red dry pepper) with broccoli, cooked potatoes with chopped parsley with olive oil and fresh salad from chopped cucumbers, tomato, scallions and Italian pepper in vinegar water (equal amounts of sugar and vinegar -4 Tbsp. and 1 1/2 cup water mixed with vegetables).
Posted Image

8. Sauteed chicken breast with butter, after 3 minutes added dry Hungarian sausage (or Chorizo) and when soft added 1 can of black beans and 2 small cans of tomato sauce (no spices, everything is spice enough). Plain rice.
Posted Image

#3 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

9. Baked potatoes sliced round with onion sliced the same way with chicken breast and caraway seeds. (Put potatoes in dish, cover with onion, caraway seeds, place chicken breast on top, cover with onion and potatoes. Sprinkle each layer with salt. Add one cup of water and bake on 420 F until golden on top.- 50-60 minutes.)
Posted Image

10. Fried Tilapia (sprinkle both sides with salt, red dry pepper, and basil and fry in 2 Tbsp. of olive oil for 1 minute, turn over and sprinkle with half of lemon, cover and let it cook for additional 4-5 minutes on medium heat.), sticky rice made with roasted
onion and fruit cocktail.
Posted Image

11. Salmon made the same way than Tilapia in 10., but sauteed longer time, Smashed red potatoes with olive oil and 1 bunch of chopped scallions and fresh salad from chopped red Bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes in vinegar water like in 7.
Posted Image

12. Sauteed chicken breast with small onion and 5 whole cloves, when soft added 1 big can of tomato sauce, sugar, and flour to make sauce. Steamed white bread.
Posted Image

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

Will you move in with me? I'm cleaning out the guest room right now. :)

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

These look incredible, Simona. I never think to take photos of my creations for some reason. I should get into that.

Thanks for showing us all that gorgeous and delicious meals from scratch can be done gluten free. Darn it - I'm hungry and it's only 10 am!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

simona! looks so delicious!! how did you make the pickled cabbage, just in a small batch? everything looks so colorful :)

now i am soooo hungry - also, what flour mix did you use for your crepes and did you use butter or oil??

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 RL2011

RL2011

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Your dishes look and sound great! I hope you continue being passionate about your food. Let me know if you need an extra gluten-free eater (me) to try out some of your meals! Posted Image
Richard

#8 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

simona! looks so delicious!! how did you make the pickled cabbage, just in a small batch? everything looks so colorful :)

now i am soooo hungry - also, what flour mix did you use for your crepes and did you use butter or oil??

Crepes I have been making from scratch. I will make some today and measure ingredients. I know how the dough should look just by mixing it.

The pickled cabbage I made last fall. I just cut by hands on tiny strips 1 big cabbage, or 2 smaller, 4 red Bell peppers, 6 big onions, 6-7 green tomatoes like for hamburgers, and 5 carrots (shredded like mozzarella cheese). Mix everything together and pure hot pickle juice in it through a small strainer. Do this in evening, let it cool down and put into fridge over night. In the morning put cabbage mixture with pickle juice in glass jars, cover tide and sterilize 30 minutes (put small towel on bottom of wider pot, place jars in pot, pure cold water into pot and wait until boil to count 30 minutes, lower the heat on medium heat and cook).
I'm using special pre-packaged mixture of spices from my country for pickles and every type of vegetable mixtures.
Pickle juice: 5 1/2 cup of water, 2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of white vinegar and spices (4Tbp.salt, 1 Tbsp. whole mustard seds, 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper, 1/2 Tbsp. ground all spice, 1/4 Tbsp. ground coriander and 1/4 Tbsp.bay leaf - amount is based on my visual inspection of pre-packaged bag)
You can make mixture like this: 1 big green cabbage, 8 Italian peppers, 6 big onions, and 15 cucumbers with skin.
2. 2 big green cabbages, 8 big onions, 10 Italian peppers, 8 cucumbers with skin and 1 bag of carrot shredded like mozzarella cheese.
3. 1 red and 1 green cabbage, 8 big onions, 8 Italian peppers, 10 cucumbers with skin, 1 bag of carrot shredded on the smaller side of shredder, but it looks like the side where you cut mozzarella cheese.
4. Cut 1/2 of red cabbage, 3 big onions, 6 Jalapeno peppers or other type- more hot, 2-3 Italian peppers (optional) and mix it together. Cut 2 cauliflowers on smaller florets (like broccoli). Place some of cabbage mixture on bottom of a bigger glass jar, then put one round of cauliflowers florets and cover with cabbage mixture. Continue until you will fill up all jar, pure hot pickle juice over it and sterilize. This is good with any sausage on grill, or with ribs.
My mom knows the recipe for fresh pickled cabbage that will last in the fridge for 7 days and is very similar to #2. I will ask her and post it later in week.

#9 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Will you move in with me? I'm cleaning out the guest room right now. :)

If I could, I would right a way, but my family would miss me teribbly.:lol: :lol: Who would cook and clean???

#10 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

If I could, I would right a way, but my family would miss me teribbly.:lol: :lol: Who would cook and clean???

You clean, too? :o

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#11 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

These look incredible, Simona. I never think to take photos of my creations for some reason. I should get into that.

Thanks for showing us all that gorgeous and delicious meals from scratch can be done gluten free. Darn it - I'm hungry and it's only 10 am!

My food is simple and fast to make, not like yours - special culinary creations. As I sad once already, sometimes I don't even know what something that you cook looks like or what are you actually doing with it. Your dinners sound like a some well known chef in 5 star hotel made it for president.

Pictures would be nice, but just reading about your food is giving me a will to do a better job in my kitchen.

P.S.:I had a such a hard time today to make the pictures smaller for this forum. :blink: I will post few tomorow.

#12 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Your dishes look and sound great! I hope you continue being passionate about your food. Let me know if you need an extra gluten-free eater (me) to try out some of your meals! Posted Image

Ooo, I must be passionate about my food, otherwise my husband wouldn't stay on gluten-free diet. But I was always handy in kitchen, even before gluten-free diet. Now I just need to adapt little be and the results are great.

Sometimes I wish that I would have house full of hungry people because if I have a "good" day, I'm able to cook 3 dinners and 2 snack. Then we are stuck eating it for 3 days.

#13 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

My food is simple and fast to make, not like yours - special culinary creations. As I sad once already, sometimes I don't even know what something that you cook looks like or what are you actually doing with it. Your dinners sound like a some well known chef in 5 star hotel made it for president.

Pictures would be nice, but just reading about your food is giving me a will to do a better job in my kitchen.

P.S.:I had a such a hard time today to make the pictures smaller for this forum. :blink: I will post few tomorow.

Oh, but your dishes look wonderful and I bet they taste even better. I love it when others' passions are evident like this. If everyone let me, I could (and I am not kidding) discuss food for hours and hours and hours, well into the night. My husband's and my conversations always turn into food, even if we start out by talking about business or whatever. :)

You are a sweetheart. I dearly love ingredients and really respect them. I love to try unique things that others don't try. My cooking is adventurous and creative (usually except for now when I'm housesitting and don't have my stuff here!) and I am thankful I can buy such excellent ingredients from specialty stores and other countries on our travels. One of my favourite new things is black garlic. Oh, and Umami #5 paste. Love them.

I would enjoy seeing more of your pictures. They make me very hungry, that is for certain. And I still think that your challah bread is one of the best I've made! If only the weather would cool down enough for me to make more. I can taste it just thinking about it. You are a very good cook/baker, Simona! :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#14 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

When I saw the title of your thread I thought you were offering to SEND samples of your food to us. :lol: If you ever decide to make that offer, I'm afraid you'll NEVER get out of the kitchen. They'll HAVE to find someone else to clean!

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#15 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

thank you, simona - seems like the secret is the hot pickle juice - i have many of the veggies you posted in combinations (odds and ends of garden 'crop') that i should be able to use!!

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: