Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ground Flax Seed

5 posts in this topic

I'm going to start trying ground flax seed. Does it make you bloated? also, how much should I have daily?

Ads by Google:

I'm going to start trying ground flax seed. Does it make you bloated? also, how much should I have daily?

I add it to my baked goods either as an egg replacer (1 T. flax seed meal mixed with 3 T. hot water per egg) or to replace about 1/4 cup of the flour in a recipe. I haven't noticed any ill effects. I use it for the Omega 3's.

In addition to using it in baked goods I use it in my fruit smoothies which gives them a nice nutty flavour and great health benefits which is why I use it. My dietitian told me to start using about 1 tsp a time and gradually work up to 1 tablespoon or more per serving.

In addition to using it in baked goods I use it in my fruit smoothies which gives them a nice nutty flavour and great health benefits which is why I use it. My dietitian told me to start using about 1 tsp a time and gradually work up to 1 tablespoon or more per serving.

I forgot, I add it to my smoothies too. It's really good in the pumpkin pie smoothie.

I also add a Tablespoon to a smoothie and into baked goods and I have been known to drink it in 16oz. of water, too.

You should not bloat up from it, but if you do, use less for a while and work your way up.

It's great for Omega 3s, reducing inflammation and "keeping things running smoothy". :)