IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

Special water? Do tell!

When Colleen was very dehydrated and feeling nauseous etc.,
I told her what my hubs gave me when I was very ill and dehydrated from major D and vomiting (before DX).

16 oz. of pure water mixed with
1 TBLS. of sugar
1 tsp. of salt

Balances your electrolytes.

What did you think, I had brought her something back from Lourdes? :D
or maybe the Fountain of Youth (that stuff does not work, believe me! I drank a ton of it when I was down there....and waited .... and what happened? NUTTIN, 'cept I had to pee.)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#18 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for everyone's support, it's helping tons and I won't let you down. :D

Good for you.

Just take one day at a time. It's like anything new--it's an adjustment and it takes some will power--but it's achievable.

In the long run, you are going to feel so much better!
Your muscles, joints, lungs, skin--everything will clean out-- and you'll see a difference. You won't feel so jittery after a few days, too. So, just hang in there. Drink a lot of water.
((hug))

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#19 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Ugh. Day 3 has been a tough one. First thing, I'm off to get my echocardiogram. Have to admit it looked really neat on the screen. Then wired up with the Holter monitor, a total pain in my assets :P

The cravings have been ridiculous today. I have this thing going that when I get a craving, I go thru the house and change the position of the wood blinds, then go back and put them in the original position. It helps get thru the craving but I think the neighbors think I'm signaling aliens or something.

Drinking lots of water and ready for bed at 5:30, gonna be a long evening :blink:

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

turkey-hiding.gif

#20 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Having worn a holter monitor about 15 or more times in my life, I can say this....at least, it doesn't hurt! :D

Oh, sweets, you're in the "yuck phase" now...cravings.
Eat low fat snacks and drink water.

Don't try to go to bed too early, you will just toss and turn.

PM me if you want my phone number. I'll talk to you! Totally serious.

Disclaimer: I do not offer that to just anyone!!..... :unsure:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#21 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Having worn a holter monitor about 15 or more times in my life, I can say this....at least, it doesn't hurt! :D

Oh, sweets, you're in the "yuck phase" now...cravings.
Eat low fat snacks and drink water.

Don't try to go to bed too early, you will just toss and turn.

PM me if you want my phone number. I'll talk to you! Totally serious.

Disclaimer: I do not offer that to just anyone!!..... :unsure:

So I'm saying to myself, of course those brownies are low fat. :lol:. Okay, I'll start lowfat now!

Thank you so much for your offer IH, it means so much to me. Hubs is at golf league but will be back soon.

I told him earlier that we had to get intimate tonight, only for purposes of symptoms experienced during that time to be recorded on the monitor ;) the totally weird part is my Doc is my Hubs weekly golfing buddy. :lol: :lol: I'm wondering how to phrase that activity in the diary.

So anyway, will stay up as long as possible. I'm about ready to roll a cig out of the, now dead, grass in the front yard. Also thinking about removing my head to stop this headache for a bit. :)

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

turkey-hiding.gif

#22 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

The fact that you are making jokes tells me you are fine!

Put a cold ice pack compress on the back of your neck--it will stop the headache!!

Pm me for my number. Not kidding.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#23 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

As a 5 yo., to be cool, smoked dried pine needles rolled in newspaper. Darned near burned down our shelter belt :lol: (Had an older male cousin who smoked and was just the coolest dude :rolleyes: ) Almost started that again after I quit the real thing.....nah, just kidding! I found the important thing was to keep my hands busy, and to strike a match every now and then (I gave up lighters because I was also addicted to the sulphur :D )
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#24 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hey, can you knit? (I can't--Mom can) but I hear it's good.

and for the love of mike, do not smoke dried pine needles in newspaper!!

Shroomie, you rascal. :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#25 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

Dried pine needles? :lol:

I can't knit, tried needlepoint - nope. My calling is actually art. I love to draw, write poetry and photography.

I haven't been drawing for awhile, my wrists have been bothering me. My poetry has to strike me, I can't do it on demand. My last photograph collection was lost when hubs got a nasty virus and had to re-format the laptop. I'm still in mourning about that one.

My biggest thing right now is my jaw, when I get anxious, I have these weird jaw movements and stretching like things. It's been almost constant since I quit, therefore the ativan. It helps stop the movements when I can't stand it.

But your right, idle hands are not good. After I get these wires off this morning, I'm gonna head over to the golf course with hubs and take pictures. I'm thinking amber tones to look old fashioned.

Anyway, hoping for a good day. Thanks guys. :)

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

turkey-hiding.gif

#26 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

Photography and being out in the fresh air is good.

(having suffered intense jaw pain, I soooo get that.)

We're photographers in this house, too. It's a great way to lose yourself in the creative process.

okay, here's another idea:

You need a massage!
Go get one!!

It will relax your muscles and detox the tissues. :)

and you will sleep well.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#27 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,765 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

Acupuncture can be very helpful with quiting smoking. If you have a practioner near you maybe give them a call. I went to a naturopath for a short time that would do both acupuncture and massage. There are also pressure points that you can massage yourself with acupressure that can help.
I hope you will pick up that camera again. I know the feeling and the mourning when you lose a large body or your work. I lost every painting I had ever done when I was in my 20's. It was devestating and I didn't pick up a paintbrush for many, many years. When I did start to paint again I realized it really was quite theraputic.
When you put those photos on your computer do make sure you do a back up of them right away if they are ones you like. I learned that one the hard way too. I still mourn the loss of a set of photos of a praying mantis that was very cooperative. Even let me move it from front porch to back yard on a stick and didn't mind close ups.
Keep going. The withdrawl from the nicotine will be over before too long. It will likely still be hard but you've come this far and you can go all the way.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#28 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

:(

I have rash squares where the adhesive pads were and she had also put a strip of tape over them. When she ripped it off I actually screamed.

When I like millions of others, was diagnosed with fibro, it was for pain from pressure on my skin. I haven't been able to use a bar of soap in the shower in years. It was so excruciatingly painful when she ripped. The top of my chest is now just all rash and feels bruised.

Then we went to the golf course, these hugh horse flys were out in droves. They were at least 1 1/2" long, I've never seen them so big. I told hubs "this isn't working for me", and it was so hot again.

I think that's enough complaining for one day.

Good news is, still smoke free :D

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

turkey-hiding.gif

#29 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

It is my deepest hope that you will see that sensitive skin sensation go away. I had it. I wanted to die rather than put up with that sh*t. Misery for years.

I heard the word fibro, too from doctors who guessed what it could be going on inside me.
I was ON FIRE from head to toe and I could barely stand the water in the shower or towel drying off. Hurt to be rubbed.

Wearing clothes hurt. Laying down in bed hurt. Sitting hurt.

Now, I am in intense physical therapy and have deep massages. :) Why? The high histamine response inside me is dying down. My muscles, tissues and tendons are not so severely compromised as they once were. I am gaining ground every month. I could not open a jar or lift my arms over my head. I could not tie my own shoes. In fact, shoes HURT, so I went barefoot. I had to be dressed when it was bad. Hubs joked about my bra: I know how to take these things off, but putting them on is tricky!

Many of us had this painful skin/muscle issue. (Love2Travel, included. I know she will not mind me saying that)

It can go away. You may discover you do not even have fibromyalgia at all. My GI doc calls it "a secondary" response to the gluten. The MT I work with suggests a gluten-free diet to her fibro patients to see what happens. They ALL have no pain now. Coincidence? I think not. :)

Put a COLD cloth on your chest. Try some lotion on it. I know it hurts, believe me.

Sorry, kiddo. :(
Hope today is a better day.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#30 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Your making me cry but it's a good cry. This has been the first time in my life that I have not felt so alone. So few people in my life understand how painful things can get. I know that it's gonna keep getting better. I have already had some improvement in some of my back muscles. I have always felt that fibro is another catchall, just like IBS.

I think trying to increase my activities has put too much of a strain on me. The cig cravings are subsiding so I can relax about that. Since all of me hurts, I'm gonna continue to gingerly lay on the couch and be content to let Hubs and my son wait on me.

You give me so much hope Irish, I can never thank you enough.

I've got ice on my chest and seeing I'm gonna try and nap for awhile. I know tomorrow will be a better day and can't wait :)

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

turkey-hiding.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: