5 replies to this topic

#1 roxieb73

roxieb73

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Ok so I have been hesitant to say (even though all testing is done) that I am gluten intolerant possibly even have Celiac. Well after emailing back and forth with Dr Vikki Petersen (author of the Gluten Effect) I can offically say I have a very serious autoimmune gluten intolerance. I am double DQ1 with Lichen Planus, Iron deficeincy anemia, Severe Vit D deficeincy, Osteomalacia, RLS, GERD, PCOS, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, elevated liver enzymes, severe pitting edema, mild tricuspid regurge.

I have been Gluten Free for 2 weeks now and on vitamins. I can already see a major difference in my energy levels and my muscle weakness is starting to get better. Instead of tolerating only 3 mins on my feet I made it through a 15 min trip to CVS today! I haven't gone shopping in over a month because I can barely walk from the house to the car. Granted I still have a LONG WAY TO GO but this is a fantastic start! :D SOOOOO SOOOO Happy!

Roxie
GI confirmed Celiac 08/2012
Double DQ1 subtypes(5,6)
Severe Vit D defiency
Iron Defiency Anemia
Gluten Free and on my way back to good health

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

Ok so I have been hesitant to say (even though all testing is done) that I am gluten intolerant possibly even have Celiac. Well after emailing back and forth with Dr Vikki Petersen (author of the Gluten Effect) I can offically say I have a very serious autoimmune gluten intolerance. I am double DQ1 with Lichen Planus, Iron deficeincy anemia, Severe Vit D deficeincy, Osteomalacia, RLS, GERD, PCOS, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, elevated liver enzymes, severe pitting edema, mild tricuspid regurge.

I have been Gluten Free for 2 weeks now and on vitamins. I can already see a major difference in my energy levels and my muscle weakness is starting to get better. Instead of tolerating only 3 mins on my feet I made it through a 15 min trip to CVS today! I haven't gone shopping in over a month because I can barely walk from the house to the car. Granted I still have a LONG WAY TO GO but this is a fantastic start! :D SOOOOO SOOOO Happy!

Roxie

I am very happy for you! May your healing be accomplished with great speed! :D
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

Congratulations on a great start to fixing an unhealthy situation. I hope you continue to feel better. ;)
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

I'm glad you've gotten more comfortable with your diagnosis. It's great to hear you're feeling better! B)

#5 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Yay Roxie! So wonderful to hear you are now comfortable with your intolerance. And I'm very happy to hear you made it out to CVS today. It's a great start. Go Roxie!Posted Image

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#6 roxieb73

roxieb73

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Thank you everyone! I have to say I have been tempted a few times to go off track. Especially when they bring yummy goodies in to work. Then I thought about how much better I am feeling and wanting to be able to walk and play with my son and all thoughts of taking a bite go bye bye. ;) I still have a lot of work to do before my cruise next month wish me luck! :D
GI confirmed Celiac 08/2012
Double DQ1 subtypes(5,6)
Severe Vit D defiency
Iron Defiency Anemia
Gluten Free and on my way back to good health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: