14 replies to this topic

#1 iamrose

iamrose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hello. I found this site from the Glutino site. Wanted to say 'hello'.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hi Rose. I'm glad you found us! Do you have celiac or gluten intolerance? How long? Tell us a bit more about yourself, then dig in and read. This is the coolest site on the web, filled with some of the smartest, most supportive people you will find anywhere. Glad you could join us, and I hope you stick around.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Welcome Rose! Glad you joined us. We like to talk a lot but we can pause once in a while for a few seconds to say hello to new members I guess. So hello! :)

Just in case you are celiac are NCGI or wheat allergic or diabetic or autistic, or have Crohn's or just trying the gluten-free diet out, here are some threads with stuff to fill your brain:

FAQ Celiac com
http://www.celiac.co...celiac-disease/

Newbie Info 101
http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

What's For Breakfast Today?
http://www.celiac.co...reakfast-today/

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?
http://www.celiac.co...or-lunch-today/

What Are You Cooking Tonight?
http://www.celiac.co...ooking-tonight/

How bad is cheating?
http://www.celiac.co...t-periodically/
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#4 Trotski01

Trotski01

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

Hi I am Helen,

I am new to this site too, only got diagnosed as coeliac 3 days ago.

#5 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Welcome Helen and Rose:). Glad you found us-- don't hesitate to let us know how we can help.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#6 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hello Helen and Rose! Welcome. There's tons of info here, so read around a bit. There's a search box near the top right of your screen if there's a topic you're especially interested in. Please ask any questions you may have. We allow venting if needed too. :D

#7 Gemme

Gemme

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

I am also new here , good, perfectplace for learning and making friends!

Good Luck

#8 luckyme2

luckyme2

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hi everybody :) !

I'm new here,too. My name is Anete,and I'm from the other coast (Eastern Europe). I recognized this disease some 5 years ago,didn't understand what's going on with me. Doctors here avoid such thing as celiac. I started to avoid glutens and my health improved. I'm fighting secretly,because it's a shame here to have any disease. My relatives and "friends" still make bad jokes on this theme. Now my diet is much healthier because I make my meals myself (for my family,too). Hope I can help somebody with my experience.
Anete

#9 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

Hi everybody :) !

I'm new here,too. My name is Anete,and I'm from the other coast (Eastern Europe). I recognized this disease some 5 years ago,didn't understand what's going on with me. Doctors here avoid such thing as celiac. I started to avoid glutens and my health improved. I'm fighting secretly,because it's a shame here to have any disease. My relatives and "friends" still make bad jokes on this theme. Now my diet is much healthier because I make my meals myself (for my family,too). Hope I can help somebody with my experience.

Hello and welcome Anete. I'm so sorry you don't have the support of your friends and family..or medical people. I'm glad you figured this out for yourself though.
We're here for you! :D

#10 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Welcome Rose, Helen, Gemme and Anete!

Glad you all found this forum - it really is the best place to come to get information, gain support, ask questions are simply vent when needed.

Fantastic accomplishment Anete - sounds like you are very strong to have tackled living gluten-free without support from doctors, family or friends. I am sure your experience will help others that visit this site.

Best wishes and happy healing to you all :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#11 scaredblossom

scaredblossom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hi all, fairly new here to. I haven't gotten a professional diagnosis, but with eliminating gluten I self diagnosed myself ;)
I have missed this site the last few months....lost it on my computer :huh: I'm back now though and look forward to actually getting to know some others out here that have the same issues and hear success stories...I'm much more positive these days!! Things are getting better everyday!!

#12 SensitiveMe

SensitiveMe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi Rose, I am a Rose also. :)

I am fairly new here myself so Hi to others new...Helen, Anete, Gemme, scaredblossom. :)

#13 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi Rose, I am a Rose also. :)

I am fairly new here myself so Hi to others new...Helen, Anete, Gemme, scaredblossom. :)

Welcome to all the newbies! We have lots of room at the forum inn, so make yourselves at home.:D
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#14 Making__A_Change

Making__A_Change

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hello everyone. I am also new here. My name is Eddie. I am female lol. I also am self diagnosed right now. Maybe forever since my doc doesnt take this thing seriously at all. So here I am trying to get some good quality info under my belt to help me on this journey of becoming gluten free. :)

#15 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi to all, :)

Get better soon.
Not too many send flowers for Celiac, so here is my best.
*0* *0* *0*
! ! !

I am thinking some artist can do better, but those are the best flowers I got. I have much better ones in the garden, but I couldn't get them into the computer.

Diana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: