4 replies to this topic

#1 SmnthMllrX

SmnthMllrX

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

As if it's not bad enough that I got sick I'm extremely irritable, I work a long day today at my retail job and it's Sunday which means that all the church people are coming in. I'm not sure if they are nice in your areas, but in mine they are rude and demanding and disrespectful. It's days like this that I hate and thanks to celiac I'm having an awful day. Any words of encouragement?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Having to deal with rude people is hard any day, but when you're not feeling good it can be almost impossible to keep your cool. When I used to have to put up with people like that I took solace in the fact that I'M NOT THEM. I would think of how unhappy they must be in their lives if they have to take it out on the poor waitress. And I would remember that I can go home and relax later, but they will still be miserable, unhappy people later.

Nah, it didn't work very well for me either. <_< But try to hang in there, and I hope you're feeling better soon. ((((HUGS)))) to you.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

Geez, what a predicament! All I can suggest is sniffing some scents that naturally calm your nerves, such as vanilla, lavender, or lemon. Heck, maybe those rude people should sniff some, too!

#4 SmnthMllrX

SmnthMllrX

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Thanks guys. The later in the day it gets the slower it gets. Just six more hours to go! I really appreciate your words of encouragement bart and rose.

#5 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,681 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hope you day is over soon and that the later part of the day was more pleasent. Do pamper yourself when you get home. Dirty dishes can wait till tommorrow.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: