Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Rip Ernest Borgnine

6 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

RIP, one of my all time favorite actors.

Loved that guy!!

Talk about a versatile actor.

He could be the jovial nutball, a poignantly sad character or the scariest, baddest a*s.

Andy and now Ernest. A sad week. :(

One of my favorite movies is "Marty".....as they say in Boston, what an actah! All of the "Old Hollywood" talent are almost gone and it's so sad because

New Hollywood can't hold a candle to these performers. Thank goodness they live on in the movies they made.

For those who are not familiar with Andy Griffith and Ernie Borgnine, rent "A Face in the Crowd" and "Marty" and get ready to see outstanding performances by these two.

Andy and now Ernest. A sad week. :(

Indeed :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Tell your medical doctor that you want a full Celiac panel before you go gluten-free.  A family history of Celiac should be enough reason to run one every couple of years.  The stool tests aren't considered medically valid, so they probably won't accept those.  It would be good to know if you actually have Celiac.  That would tell you how careful you have to be with gluten consumption.  If you don't have Celiac, it will make your life easier...you can still be gluten-free but you might be able to do things like take a burger off a bun and eat at most restaurants safely.
    • Sure, if you are feeling better from the Celiac, now you might notice other things you didn't before.     a very real possibility is that you have changed your diet and are now eating something you didn't eat much of before.  Or you are eating larger or smaller amounts of protein or fiber....that sort of thing
    • This board is quite old but I'm hoping someone can continue on this topic. I am 61 years old and in all my life and doctors' visits, I have never had a western doctor ask me if I have a family history of celiac or suggest a gluten free diet. In all honesty, I have only started having what could be considered "gluten sensitive" symptoms within the past 2 years - chronic, unexplained bouts of diarrhea, mainly. Although bloodwork has shown in the past 2 years I now have high cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure and a bone density scan showed osteopenia. My PCP put me on meds for everything, of course. I recently began seeing a naturopath - and when I was running down my health history and list of symptoms she immediately asked about the family history of celiac. My father was positively diagnosed, through biopsy, with celiac sprue about 25 years ago, when nobody talked about gluten sensitivity. Anyway, she had me do the full panel testing at Enterolab. I have one celiac gene and a gene that indicates neurological manifestations of gluten sensitivity (I have long been plagued with panic attacks and depression). I also showed extremely high (215 units, below 10 is normal) for fecal anti-gliadin and varying high results for dairy, eggs and soy. My fat malabsorption stool test also tested high (431 units and normal is less than 300). The interpretation from Enterolab and my naturopath both strongly advised I eliminate gluten from my diet for the rest of my life. Naturopath said after a year or two I may be able to try introducing limited dairy, eggs and soy back; but not until the glutin response is completely under control. I am really struggling with this. Everyone I've talked to (including adult children, spouse, other family members, friends) is skeptical about me making such a radical change in my (our) diets based on these results. They seem to view gluten sensitivity as a "fad" and think I am going off the deep end. "Get a second opinion" - or "talk to your PCP about it". I've read enough to know that my PCP will not be of much help. And since I really only had one irritating symptom that could be related to gluten sensitivity, it's not like my life will be radically improved by going gluten free. I guess I could choose to ignore the test results - for now. I'm trying to view going gluten, dairy, egg and soy free as preventative and something that will contribute to a healthier life as I age. But it's so hard ... especially when the people who mean the most to me think I'm over-reacting and kind of cuckoo. Can anyone help me out here? I feel so alone ...  
    • Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum but am so happy to have found somewhere where people living with coeliac can share their thoughts! I've only been gluten-free for two weeks.  About three days in, I started experiencing awful heartburn which hasnt let up and I'm wondering if anyone else had this after giving up gluten? It wasn't a typical symptom for me before so feeling very uncomfortable.  I am not due to see my gastro consultant again until December and my GP (who was about as helpful as a chocolate teapot!) just gave me lansoprazole (its a PPI) which isnt even touching it.  Just wondering if giving up gluten is unmasking other symptoms or if this is a normal or common withdrawal effect?  I feel like burping/belching could help but its something I've never been able to physically do. Im in my early 30s so hoping its not another thing... Any advice would be appreciated A
    • O sorry. Negative biopsy. But this was months ago but i have no energy. My teeth are rotting i feel sick all the time. And i was told by someone who has celiac that it can also be difficult to have a diagnosis cause you would have to eat 6 pieces of bread for 6 weeks in order to get a proper diagnosis. And i just know that something is up
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    KerryO