#1 PersianCeliac

PersianCeliac

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

Hi everyone,

my mother 48 years old was diagnosed with celiac recently she had biposy which showed marsh 3B and gene test which showed she has DQ2.5 and DQ2.2 which from what i have read means she is at higher risk for refractory celiac Aand lymphoma according to one study !!

She has gone gluten free and i am trying to encourage her as much as i can, does anyone here have double copies of DQ2.5 or DQ2.5 with DQ2.2 ? And if so, then did you respond to GFD and how long did it take you to recover ?

my mother didnt have symptoms prior to diagnosis so it is hard to tell if she is respoing. I am just worried for her.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cyberprof

cyberprof

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi everyone,

my mother 48 years old was diagnosed with celiac recently she had biposy which showed marsh 3B and gene test which showed she has DQ2.5 and DQ2.2 which from what i have read means she is at higher risk for refractory celiac Aand lymphoma according to one study !!

She has gone gluten free and i am trying to encourage her as much as i can, does anyone here have double copies of DQ2.5 or DQ2.5 with DQ2.2 ? And if so, then did you respond to GFD and how long did it take you to recover ?

my mother didnt have symptoms prior to diagnosis so it is hard to tell if she is respoing. I am just worried for her.

Hi PersianCeliac, and welcome.

I hope you (and your mom) can not worry too much. The risk of refractory celiac is low and she's on the right track, so try not to worry. The best thing to do is to eat naturally gluten-free whole foods - meats, veggies, fruits, rice, potatoes - and limit eating out to start with, and then see how she does. Is the doctor going to re-test her blood/biopsy in 6-12 months?

As far as I know, I only have one DQ copy, so I can't help you there.

Do you have a link to the study?
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

#3 PersianCeliac

PersianCeliac

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hi PersianCeliac, and welcome.

I hope you (and your mom) can not worry too much. The risk of refractory celiac is low and she's on the right track, so try not to worry. The best thing to do is to eat naturally gluten-free whole foods - meats, veggies, fruits, rice, potatoes - and limit eating out to start with, and then see how she does. Is the doctor going to re-test her blood/biopsy in 6-12 months?

As far as I know, I only have one DQ copy, so I can't help you there.

Do you have a link to the study?

Thank you for your response. Well doctor didn't day after how long she should be re-tested, but from what I have read I guess 1 year would be reasonable given the damage that has been caused and her off the charts blood results ttg >800 !
The link to the study is : http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/16527694/

#4 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

A celiac researcher told me in a private e-mail that double DQ2.5 genes are associated with super sensitivity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: