1 reply to this topic

#1 rml97

rml97

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

My dads buisness has decided to recognize him for his 25 years of hard work, by sending us to Atlantis!!! Although I am excited about the vacation, I am also nervous about travling and staying gluten free. I am very sensitive and experience severe pain when I ingest gluten so I do everything possible to stay away and keep to being gluten free.

I was wondering if anyone has been to the Bahamas and had a gluten free experience that they would be willing to share with me...
Are they accomidating there? Are there safe gluten-free food options? What are the resturaunts like with gluten-free orders and accomidations? Basically what should I be prepared to face and/ or enjoy??

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gfreeatx

Gfreeatx

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi there!
My husband and I went to the Bahamas last year and had a great trip. We stayed at Sandals and not Atlantis, however I have stayed at Atlantis before my diagnosis and we did actually visit Atlantis last year during our trip. I did eat at the sports bar while we were visiting and when I told them I had Celiac disease they sent the kitchen manager out. They definitely said they are very well trained on food intolerances and cc. I had a good experience just at their sports bar. :) We were actually planning on eating at Bobbie Flay's restaurant there, but it was not open at the time we were visiting. So that would be another option for you. I think if you call ahead and talk to the concierge they should be able to help you with coordinating everything so you are safe during your trip. I hope you have a great time! Atlantis is a really great resort to visit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: