This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

After Glutened

GFreeMO

GFreeMO Proficient

After being glutened and after the D is over, does your whole lower intestinal area feel very sore or bruised. Is there anything to help the pain other than time?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

After being glutened and after the D is over, does your whole lower intestinal area feel very sore or bruised. Is there anything to help the pain other than time?

Yes, drink lots of water and calm foods, like apple sauce, rice, bananas.

kareng Grand Master

Mine does. Sometimes laying down on one side then the other helps. Sometimes it just takes some time for the soreness to go away.

Also, a little baked potato or rice Chex helps me. I think it is just something simple for it to work on and get it back to working properly.

GFreeMO Proficient

Thanks! This is not a disease for the impatient. ;) I guess I just have to wait it out...again!

sallyalewis Rookie

I've found that a heating pad works really well.

Sometimes I have all over body ache, and use my electric blanket as a whole body heating pad - laying on top of it.

Chad Sines Rising Star

mine gets super bloated where u feel like your entire intestines are inflated. I accidentally glutened Friday and Saturday night (misthought about a snack). Severe heartburn all week, the inflation, blechy. just now getting back to some feeling of normal. But yea, i get the soreness too. Before you know it is Celiac the symptoms are scary.

UKGail Rookie

I usually haven't eaten anything for 24 to 48 hours after a glutening, and have gastric pain and irritability as well as lower abdominal pain and soreness. I've learned the hard way to reintroduce food very carefully for a few days. I can't do any sort of regular food, or it just goes straight through. I stick initially to homemade vegetable soup using a chicken stock base, and then after another day or two add in sweet potato or potato with some fish and maybe some vegetables. I don't do well with any grains for a little while, and start with just a little white rice or low fibre cereal like gluten free cornflakes. My appetite or ability to deal with a "normal" meal or any little treats doesn't return properly for at least a week. It also takes much longer than that to get over the body aches, fatigue and foggy brain.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFreeMO Proficient

Thanks everyone for responding. It seems that we are all pretty much the same with the pain. Sometimes I think celiac could not hurt this badly until I come here and read. It's terrible and painful for us all but it's comforting to me that I am not alone in this and we all go through the same thing.

Thanks for the advice. I tried the heating pad last night and it really helped. I appreciate the support.

Archived