2 replies to this topic

#1 ECPate

ECPate

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

Last year I was tested for celiac because of issues with bloating, exhaustion, and alternating constipation/diarrhea. The test came back negative, but I did notice having more energy while trying the gluten-free diet for a few weeks. I attributed the energy to the fact that it was summer (I am a teacher), and went back to eating gluten. Now I am pregnant (3rd trimester) and have had the WORST gas ever! I know it is normal to have more gas during pregnancy, but this is ridiculous. So I decided to try the gluten-free diet again. Sure enough, within 2 days my gas had almost disappeared. The diet is so hard to follow, and can be expensive (as you all know), so this week I kind of gave up. Well, it has been 2 days back on gluten and the horrible gas has returned with a vengeance. What should I do? Could I have gluten intolerance, or is it just a coincidence? Help!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 raea2002

raea2002

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

Sounds to me like you already know the answer. lol. I am in sort of the same situation(well, not the pregnant part). I am gluten intolerant and feel so much better when not on it. I FORGET this and go back to gluten and feel horrible. Go back on the gluten free diet and feel amazing again. I can understand your frustrations, its not easy having a clear cut diagnosis. I felt like it was all in my head for a while. I have found lots of good coupons for gluten free foods, and such to make it cheaper. I also make ALMOST everything from scratch to help cut the costs. Plus its healthier. Hang in there. There are LOTS of supportive people on here to help you. :)

#3 peacefirst

peacefirst

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

Gluten free is not much more expensive, if you eat whole foods versus prepackaged stuff, which is not as healthy anyway.
I am not planning to get diagnosed(I am a bit allergic to doctors :rolleyes: ), but I do feel better after I stoped gluten -I hope it will last. I felt better for a while on whole foods only, but then bloating and pain came back-I guess on the days that I ate bread, so I had to do more. Well, if this won't help-there is always raw foods...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: