4 replies to this topic

#1 1974girl

1974girl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Not getting any reponses on the "symtoms" board so I will ask over here. My dd doesn't have intestinal symptoms at all. But last night, she left youth group at church early saying she felt like she was going to throw up. We left and she cried for 15 min. with it and never threw up or went to the bathroom. Then it went away as fast as it came on. She was perfectly fine after that and all night. This doesn't sound like most of your glutened symptoms. THey usually are bad and last longer than 15 min. We had to eat away from home for lunch and dinner but she took her entire meal with her. She didn't eat any other food. Was this gluten or a childhood tummy ache, gas? Just wondering if she is starting to have symptoms. She goes back to the doctor Tuesday so I need to know whether to mention this or is it not consistant at all with glutening!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

Not getting any reponses on the "symtoms" board so I will ask over here. My dd doesn't have intestinal symptoms at all. But last night, she left youth group at church early saying she felt like she was going to throw up. We left and she cried for 15 min. with it and never threw up or went to the bathroom. Then it went away as fast as it came on. She was perfectly fine after that and all night. This doesn't sound like most of your glutened symptoms. THey usually are bad and last longer than 15 min. We had to eat away from home for lunch and dinner but she took her entire meal with her. She didn't eat any other food. Was this gluten or a childhood tummy ache, gas? Just wondering if she is starting to have symptoms. She goes back to the doctor Tuesday so I need to know whether to mention this or is it not consistant at all with glutening!

Honestly and in my opinion, it doesn't matter how gluten affect anyone else. Everybody is different. However I have acute symptoms after I eat gluten, nausea and drowsiness that goes away quickly but I will still be tired and then the morning after is usually bad again. I stay bloated for days and almost feel like I have moments when I react to it again and again until its out of my system. I think if it concerns you, mention it. A doctor won't be able to decipher without all the possibilities on the table. I saw that you said she ate her own meals. Did she take her own silverware? Could cross contamination be an issue in your kitchen?
Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12
Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12
Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12
No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12
Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

#3 1974girl

1974girl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

She did take her own silverware but she drank out of the cup at the restaurant without a straw. I only ordered her a drink. That's all I can think of. But she was literally dancing outside on the porch about 25 minutes after it started. It was just weird. I do have a gluten dd (9) in the house becuase they are retesting her this week to see if she has celiac also. So I had to keep her on gluten. But we are very careful and for 6 months so good ....until yesterday. I guess I could drive myself crazy with this one.

#4 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

She did take her own silverware but she drank out of the cup at the restaurant without a straw. I only ordered her a drink. That's all I can think of. But she was literally dancing outside on the porch about 25 minutes after it started. It was just weird. I do have a gluten dd (9) in the house becuase they are retesting her this week to see if she has celiac also. So I had to keep her on gluten. But we are very careful and for 6 months so good ....until yesterday. I guess I could drive myself crazy with this one.

Yeah that's a tough one but typical stomach bugs don't come and go that fast. I also jabent experienced gas that caused extreme nausea either.
Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12
Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12
Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12
No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12
Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

#5 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Could maybe have been her gallbladder acting up? This can come on suddenly and pass suddenly. Can cause nausea and gas type pains. Just be aware of watching for reactions to greasy or fatty foods.
Many Celiacs have gallbladder issues. They seem to go hand in hand? I was told I needed mine removed, but I'm hanging onto it in the hopes it will heal now that I'm gluten-free. It still acts up though. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: