#1 DonnaMarie7

DonnaMarie7

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Hi everyone,
My 5yr old daughter has just been diagnosed with Celiacs. Having alot of trouble finding a nice light and fluffy bread for her. She just wants her normal bread back. Has anyone found a recipe for bread that they really love? Thanks in advance :0)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hi everyone,
My 5yr old daughter has just been diagnosed with Celiacs. Having alot of trouble finding a nice light and fluffy bread for her. She just wants her normal bread back. Has anyone found a recipe for bread that they really love? Thanks in advance :0)

I like Rudi's gluten-free multi-grain bread and cinnamon-raisin bread. They are in the frozen section of health food and otherwise stores :)

To bake, I am also looking for a great bread recipe. Maybe we'll get some replies for bread that isn't too hard to bake. I have bought some yeast, both kinds, but have never tried them in a recipe yet.

Hoping for some great recipes, as well.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#3 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

See if you can get King Arthur's gluten-free flour. Most grocery stores carry it and have it in the regular flour aisle. Use the directions on the box. When I made it I was surprised at how much better it was than any premade bread.

#4 fantasticalice

fantasticalice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

Start now with the lettuce roll-ups! Any kind of green.
Go slow with the gluten-free stuff and stick with whole foods.
Small containers with lots of choices. Pinterest has
so many different food styling sites! You should see
what clever moms are doing!

You can make the best flour-less cookies:

1 cup peanut butter (any nut will do!)
1/4 cup raw sugar (you can use any kind of sweetener here)
1 egg

Mix it and bake it, tiny little flat things work best
in a 350 oven

You can add anything to those cookies! 1/4 cup grated carrots
nuts, I hope you can eat nuts? Any dried fruit, you name it.
Omit the sugar and make crackers. I triple up on this, divide
it in 3's and make different stuff. Super nutrition is ground
flax, chia and hemp hearts. YUM! My family & friends clamor
for this stuff! Everyday they ask, did you make cookies.

I used macadamia nut butter, it dripped with oil. I was
gonna toss it but baked it up anyway. Wow! Oh my,
the BEST cookies ever! Don't get scared is it's oily,
it works and they are really good.
Alice in Gluten-Free Wonderland

#5 kitgordon

kitgordon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

If you want to try a mix, Gluten Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread mix is wonderful. My 21 year old daughter (who is NOT gluten free) loves it so much I hide it or she'll eat the whole loaf on me!

For store bought, I think Udi's is closest to the real thing.

#6 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

Someone pointed out this thread on microwaved bread on another spot in the forum. The recipes and reviews look good but I've yet to try it:
http://www.celiac.co...ead-in-minutes/
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Simona19 posted a bread recipe that everyone raved about some months back. I believe it did have yeast. You might do a search for that.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#8 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I was reading my daily topics and I saw my name. Here are the recipes that you can try to make. Maybe you will like it. If not, just use as a base recipe and you can mix flours that you like.

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/85650-gluten-free-sandwich-bread/page__p__735949__fromsearch__1#entry735949

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/85254-perfect-gluten-free-whitesandwich-bread/page__p__732678__fromsearch__1#entry732678

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/84873-simonas-braided-challah/page__p__729391__fromsearch__1#entry729391 You can make just a half of recipe, or divide the dough in two baking dishes. It will be easier to work with the dough.

#9 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

I was reading my daily topics and I saw my name. Here are the recipes that you can try to make. Maybe you will like it. If not, just use as a base recipe and you can mix flours that you like.

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/85650-gluten-free-sandwich-bread/page__p__735949__fromsearch__1#entry735949

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/85254-perfect-gluten-free-whitesandwich-bread/page__p__732678__fromsearch__1#entry732678

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/84873-simonas-braided-challah/page__p__729391__fromsearch__1#entry729391 You can make just a half of recipe, or divide the dough in two baking dishes. It will be easier to work with the dough.

Yes - you must try Simona's Challah! It is very, very good with excellent texture. I'm an avid baker and I love it. :D
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: