1 reply to this topic

#1 WitsEnd

WitsEnd

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

I had an EGD and a colonoscopy at a new GI today. He said everything looked good but we have to wait for biopsy results to know whats really going on. I really liked him so I'm hopeful he'll end up being a good doctor. At least he didnt laugh at me like my last GI when I discussed celiac and gluten.

He says I at least have a gluten intolerance if it isnt celiac. But ive been off gluten for 9 weeks now so I could possibly get a false negative. I knew that was likely but I went ahead with the testing without going back on gluten because it wasnt worth it to me. I have had remarkable improvements since going gluten free and the thought of going back makes me cry...I was so sick!

I had blood tests done prior to going gluten free and they came back negative, although I'm not sure a full panel was done. I feel positive, like this is the last of my tests. Whether they werent able to detect celiac or not I'm gluten free from here on out.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tom

tom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

Congrats on finding a better Dr 1st (so far so good at the not-laughing-at-your-med-problems part . ...us sick ppl & our high standards!) & 2nd for finding a healthier path forward. The "gluten-free from here on out" ending has a nice ring to it.
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: