2 replies to this topic

#1 RonSchon

RonSchon

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

I know I'm very new, so this topic may have been raised ad nauseum before... but here goes.

As I'm embracing the new lifestyle I need to live, I am spending hours researching my next steps.

I believe my next step is migrating towards something that is mostly Paleo/Primal.

I know there are other places that cover P/P exclusively, and I've visited a couple.

It would seem like a good idea to have a forum here dedicated to P/P for Celiacs.

The other sites that deal with P/P don't deal with it from our reality (although maybe there is, and I just haven't found them yet).

Just my 2 cents.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your suggestion. This has come up before, I believe, but in reference to the SCD diet. There was a discussion at that time amongst the administrator and mods.

The specialty diets like SCD, Paleo, GAPS, etc are a subset of what we do here. They also have a tendency to wax and wane in discussion depending on the active membership at the time. In general, I would guess that the majority of our members and certainly the majority of the moderators don't follow a specialty diet . . . actually maybe I should modify that to say that every member is following their own individual specialized diet that works for them but most are not based on SCD, Paleo, GAPS, etc. Therefore, it was determined that while the topic certainly warrants discussion, it doesn't warrant it's own forum.

At the time of discussion, it was decided that the diets be included in the leaky gut and other intolerances forum. If you read the discription, you'll see that alternative diets are included there.

Feel free to start a thread on the Paleo diet. There was a long-running thread on SCD for quite a while.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#3 RonSchon

RonSchon

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

Janet,

Thanks for the response.

Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic