#1 tensa

tensa

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hi

i started on gluten free, and my hairs dont pull off anymore no matter how tight i pull, but i started taking multivitmineral tabs and my hairs seems to fall of,can the actual vitams be causes sensitivity in my stomack which is causing hair to fall off?

or is the vit min too harsh for the stomach?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tensa

tensa

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

hi

i started gluten feee about 2 weeks and my side and back of the hair is very healthy but the top of the hair is very thin and is not growing at all, its remaining the same short length

pls advise why ?

#3 dustclay

dustclay

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

hi

i started gluten feee about 2 weeks and my side and back of the hair is very healthy but the top of the hair is very thin and is not growing at all, its remaining the same short length

pls advise why ?

I could be wrong but I believe hair has a roughly 8 week growing cycle. So don't give up to soon. Your hair could be getting healthier from the root up and it simply be too early to tell. Do you find your general health improving? In your prior post you also mentioned "no matter how hard I pull the hair doesn't come out" that sounds like it is improving from being easily pulled out. A good sign in my opinion.

I found hair pulling for me to be associated with anxiety. And was explicitly told by a nurse practitioner that for me it is and anxiety symptom. I found myself dealing again with it today after having set aside the gluten free eating habit that I had developed. i had half a pastry sunday and a few other small wheat present items recently not thinking it would be a big deal.Then a sandwich on regular wheat bread Monday and again tuesday. Yesterday I had an emotional meltdown and find that it is a repeat of the awful experience I had in July during a vacation when I also was not consistent about being gluten free. It was terrible. The hair pulling, examining and meddling with it is not terrible for me but noticable it used to interfere with the amount of time I would have free to do other things and occasionally be embarasing.

I hope your gluten free journey continues to be an improvement for your health. The hair growth is just one indicator. I encourage you to continue and see what other benefits you may find with it in time. Give your hair and general health time plenty of time for improvement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: