This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Exposure To Something

ShannonA

ShannonA Contributor

I have been off of gluten for I month now with 2 accidental exposures. This morning I woke up feeling like I was exposed but I know that I wasn't as I am extremely careful. Congestion, very tired & fatigued, headache,head foggy. I took liquid geritol yesterday evening & it contains soy. When I inquired about this to the receptionist at the naturopath's office, she stated soy in vitamins are different. Is this true? That seems to be the only thing that could be causing me to feel Ike this.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Hornet Rookie

I have a new problem with soy and I have learned that it depends if it is the soy protein that is used. My understanding is that is where the allergens come from. I don't know why this soy garbage is permeating the gluten-free food and so many others. Processed soy uses all kinds of chemicals if my sources were accurate. I try to avoid it all together. If it bothers you and makes you feel worse eliminate it.

Takala Enthusiast
I don't know why this soy garbage is permeating the gluten-free food and so many others.

Because it is cheap, because growing it is heavily subsidized by the government(s), because what they don't use for fattening hogs and cattle on feedlots has to go somewhere, and their lobbyists are always promoting it to the baking industry. And there are a whole slew of people with financial interests in the GMO marketing aspects who run around the internet attacking anyone who suggests that soy might not be good for you, irregardless of their other conditions. They like to pretend they're all really heavily into caring for the environment and green stuff, until you mention that Brazil is cutting down rainforest in the Amazon to grow more soy, then they get a bit.... aggravated. <_<:blink:;)

ShannonA Contributor

Yes I have noticed soy is in EVERYTHING processed it seems. Thanks!

Mnicole1981 Enthusiast

Two weeks ago I took a prenatal vitamin with soy in it for three days and I felt awful. It's possible that it made you feel sick. I assume that soy is soy, no matter what form it comes in.

sallyalewis Rookie

My daughter is allergic to soy, ginger, sesame, and garlic.

Those 4 ingredients seem to be in everything!

Now I'm watching for those 4 for her, plus gluten for me.

It's crazy what's mixed in with your foods!

:angry:

Archived