20 replies to this topic

#16 icm

icm

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Yes I never thought about the cc issues associated with a kiss. I'll have to rethink how I go about things then too.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

It is hard to explain to people who never heard of Celiac the concept it cc.. it is always far fetched that an atom of gluten has an effect.

It is a strange concept to understand indeed. It was strange at first for ME to wrap my brain around the fact that this one food protein had been killing me and turning me into an invalid for years. But, it is what it is.

Anyone with a brain can grasp it ---if it is explained the right way.

Does it have to be dinner conversation? No, not right away.

But, if you are planning to have a relationship with someone past a first date, you might as well tell the truth and see how he/she reacts.

As many others have pointed out on here (I believe it was my wise friend, SKYLARK who said it first?)...it's a "jerkometer" :) and if the person does not accept you as you are---then, bye bye.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#18 dani nero

dani nero

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

As many others have pointed out on here (I believe it was my wise friend, SKYLARK who said it first?)...it's a "jerkometer" :) and if the person does not accept you as you are---then, bye bye.

:) :) :)
Self diagnosed January 2012, and on elimination, low-salicylate & low-iodine diet.
Also G6PD

#19 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

:) :) :)

:wub: :lol: :lol: :wub:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#20 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

If the issue is CC, then the description would have to be a bit more than just I don't eat gluten.
Not eating gluten is a personal choice then and it wouldn't effect whether or not someone else eats gluten or brushes their teeth between eating and kissing. Being Celiac means that trace gluten is much more serious than just not eating gluteny foods just because one prefers not to. It's all about protecting yourself. I use humor and relate it to having to ask a partner to use a condom...only they don't make condoms for kissing...so you have to brush your teeth for me if you wanna kiss me.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#21 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

.....only they don't make condoms for kissing...so you have to brush your teeth for me if you wanna kiss me.

and, there it is!! amen, sistah! :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: