Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Stool Color And Many More Questions

13 posts in this topic

First question: While I am having normal stools, they continue to be a green color. I am taking iron supplements, magnesium, a multivitamin, and Vitamin D. I am hoping this is what is causing it. I assume that because my energy is going up. This time last year, I could barely stand up in the shower.

Second question: If I am allergic to two types of tree nuts, would it be safe to say that they all bother me? I love cashews, but I think they are bothering me. I already suspected almonds.

Since I am self-diagnosed, I continue to freak out thinking there is more wrong with me that the doctors are not seeing.

Ads by Google:

some of the iron supplements can do that. A malfunctioning digestive system can do that, too. You may need more time to heal. The easiest thing to do is, don't take the iron pills for a couple of days and see if the color changes.

First question: While I am having normal stools, they continue to be a green color. I am taking iron supplements, magnesium, a multivitamin, and Vitamin D. I am hoping this is what is causing it. I assume that because my energy is going up. This time last year, I could barely stand up in the shower.

Second question: If I am allergic to two types of tree nuts, would it be safe to say that they all bother me? I love cashews, but I think they are bothering me. I already suspected almonds.

Since I am self-diagnosed, I continue to freak out thinking there is more wrong with me that the doctors are not seeing.

you would probably need to research and see if they are at all near botanical relatives.

walnuts and hazelnuts and peacans grow in temperate climates, whereas almonds and cashews are tropical, don't know how closely they are related.

Self diagnosis is not safe or healthy. You could be doing your body more harm than good.

Yes all those things will change stool color, but you need an MD and maybe a nutritionist to help you do what's right.

Self diagnosis is not safe or healthy. You could be doing your body more harm than good.

Yes all those things will change stool color, but you need an MD and maybe a nutritionist to help you do what's right.

I have been to about 3 doctors who claim nothing is wrong, even though cutting out gluten and soy helped. I have tried to get medical help.

This is a crappy conversation. :P . Okay. I have been wanting to use that line here for a while.

A good many GIs and internal medicine docs will tell you to ignore color or that everything is fine. If they notice a past diagnosis of IBS even if later it is something else, you will often get the "well that is just IBS" response. I cannot count the times I made an appointment just to be told that. Eight doctors, 5 GIs over 10 years pretty much ignored every issue. After I figured it out they were all too happy to say "yea, sounds right to me." Some of us would still be sick if not for self diagnosis.

Even those that will get involved will not to the detail you can, ie trialing individual foods, supplements, etc. When it comes to reactions to foods, often you are on your own. This forum of people is a great resource of collective knowledge.

I am in no way saying not to go to the physician, but you have to go in knowing that a great many do not understand celiac or food intolerances. I have had even less luck with nutritionists. I am sure there are those who specialize in our illness, but i have yet to meet one. You have to be proactive with your health especially if you have celiac or some food-related issues.

I think in this case, she can stop the iron for 2 or 3 days and see if that is the cause. Simple, easy fix. If it is the cause, she might be able to reduce the dose or change brands. And she can have some peace of mind.

I think in this case, she can stop the iron for 2 or 3 days and see if that is the cause. Simple, easy fix. If it is the cause, she might be able to reduce the dose or change brands. And she can have some peace of mind.

Does fluorescent green stool mean Something significant? My 4 year old has that on occasions. I always thought it was something that she ate. She is not on iron.

Does fluorescent green stool mean Something significant? My 4 year old has that on occasions. I always thought it was something that she ate. She is not on iron.

Some food dyes can do this, too. If its occasional, that might be it. My hub got " college s hook colors" tortillas chips. His school colors were black and gold. Gold were the regular color and they dies the others black. He pooped green for 2 days and scared himself! Black , blue and green dyes tend to make poop green sometimes. See if she had a blue Slurpee or dark purple frosting.

Mnicole is having this all the time. It can be caused by the inability to properly digest foods. Or maybe her iron pills. Or something else. That's why I thought she should stop the iron and see if that is it. Of course if she's eating black dyed tortilla chips or green crayons, that could be the problem. :D

Unless your stool is black (means blood) or white (means liver disease or lack of bile) you are probably fine.

Normal? daily? not difficult to pass? That's what I call the "trifecta!"

You're in better shape than half the people on this board.

As Karen suggests, could be food dyes , too much spinach or the iron tabs. When I eat RED beets, you should see my poop.

Unless you are iron deficient, you have no need for iron.

Stop taking them and see if it it helps.

Some food dyes can do this, too. If its occasional, that might be it. My hub got " college s hook colors" tortillas chips. His school colors were black and gold. Gold were the regular color and they dies the others black. He pooped green for 2 days and scared himself! Black , blue and green dyes tend to make poop green sometimes. See if she had a blue Slurpee or dark purple frosting.

Mnicole is having this all the time. It can be caused by the inability to properly digest foods. Or maybe her iron pills. Or something else. That's why I thought she should stop the iron and see if that is it. Of course if she's eating black dyed tortilla chips or green crayons, that could be the problem. :D

I bet it's the green crayons! Come on MNicole, fess up! :)

Stool Color Changes emedicine

Stool color: When to worry Mayo Clinic

Both of these links say green is from to fast stool transit, but I had green stool with C, so that isn't always true.

Well this morning, it was a light brown almost tan color. After weeks of green stools, now this. I ate sunflower seeds, eggs and toast, kettle chips, and some brown rice pasta with mayo, tuna, carrots, relish, and onions yesterday. Perhaps too much fat?

Well this morning, it was a light brown almost tan color. After weeks of green stools, now this. I ate sunflower seeds, eggs and toast, kettle chips, and some brown rice pasta with mayo, tuna, carrots, relish, and onions yesterday. Perhaps too much fat?

Hon, you are in in the "right zone" for stools.... okay?

A brown (light, tan or even dark), formed stool..... is gorgeous! Try to stop worrying so much!!

Many people on here here would be THRILLED with such a fabulous BM. :)