Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Prometheus Labs Vs. Enterolab....

• Please log in to reply

21 replies to this topic

#16 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for the responses.  Now can someone help a newbie here with a technical issue.  I am new to this forum - have never been on a forum before.  How do I reply to a portion of a response without quoting the whole message?  I want to make a reply to a response and have it appear with that response but without the quote.  Thanks for help.  Claire

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Instead of hitting reply scroll down a bit farther to the add reply and it will not quote anything from the previous post.

Also, Enterolab is good for an alternative and if you want a stool test. Prometheus is a prominent lab for celiac testing but I do believe that they only do the blood work. Blood work with them has been very reliable though unlike some other labs around. They know how to read celiac panels.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Claire

Claire

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:55 AM

Thanks Kaiti -

Now I will see if this reply stays with your message or 'floats' off separately. I knew about the reply but now how to attach it to a message without taking the quote.

You say 'know how to read a celiac panel'. Explain please. Did you have some experience or know of labs not reading the panel correctly?

#18 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:03 AM

Thanks Kaiti -

Now I will see if this reply stays with your message or 'floats' off separately.  I knew about the reply but now how to attach it to a message without taking the quote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Claire, whenever you post it will automatically go to the end of the topic...regardless of who you are responding to. If you want to respond to an earlier post its a good idea to use quotes so that your post will be understood. Its not that the post is "floating" off seperately...its just that the posts are in order by when they were sent. The last post will always be the most recent post. Hope I'm making sense. :P
Rachel

#19 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:26 AM

Thanks Kaiti

Blood work only?  I have been on a gluten controlled diet for 15 years. Blood work is unreliable. I need a stool sample test.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Claire,

How gluten-free have you been over the last 15 years? If you haven't been eating gluten for such a long time I don't think even the stool test will be accurate. Enterolab says 1 year off gluten can still provide positive results..I don't think there is any guarantee though. 1 year is a long time and 15 years is a REALLY long time. Have you read the FAQ on Enterolab's site? I think they say in this type of scenario the gene testing would be of more help. If you've been eating some gluten I guess you could still try with the stool test.

Sorry you've been through so much....I had to become a pain to my doctors as well..it was the only way to get them to do anything. In the end they never helped. All of the months that I was at my worst and had lost 25 lbs. they never sent me to the GI or even considered Celiac. I was tested once at MY request but I'd already started a gluten-free diet and didn't know any better. :(
They are running all the celiac tests now including the biopsy but its too late cuz I've been gluten-free 5 months now.

Even more frusterating is that I was so sick for 3 years with no answers and all these miserable symptoms. Today I find out my roommate who has the same HMO (different city) is getting tested for the full celiac panel. She has NO symptoms whatsoever...she's healthy but went to the doctor for the flu she had last week. Her liver counts were high and she was sent to the GI right away...He's testing her for lots of things including celiac disease. What the heck! :blink:
I was 94 lbs. and couldn't even hold my own head up and my mom had to cry and beg them to send me to the GI after 3 whole years!!! I still to this day have not had the full celiac panel!! I'm very upset about this. :angry:

My roommate is laughing and saying I have "celiac panel envy"....which I do!!!
Anyways the panel is meaningless to me now that I'm gluten-free...I wont go back on gluten for the tests so even though they're going to test me now...it'll just be negative.

Sorry for the rant....I just needed to get that out.
Rachel

#20 Claire

Claire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:33 AM

Claire, whenever you post it will automatically go to the end of the topic...regardless of who you are responding to. If you want to respond to an earlier post its a good idea to use quotes so that your post will be understood. Its not that the post is "floating" off seperately...its just that the posts are in order by when they were sent. The last post will always be the most recent post. Hope I'm making sense.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolute sense. How do you get just part of a quote - enough to identify it? Some messages are long.

#21 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:51 AM

Absolute sense.  How do you get just part of a quote - enough to identify it? Some messages are long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just erase whataver you don't want in the qoute...you can narrow it down to whatever you want. Just dont mess with the mumbo jumbo computer jargon stuff on the top and bottom of the quote....because thats what keeps the quote intact.
:)
Rachel

#22 Claire

Claire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

Good. Thanks. I spend a lot of my life on a computer but that doesn't make me forum smart. Here I am definitely 'challenged'. But kind ones like you take pity on me and before you know it I will know what I am doing. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: