#1 mylittle3

mylittle3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Hello,

I'm new here to posting but have been reading the forum for awhile now. I have been gluten free for nearly two years due to suspected celiac disease. When I was tested, I'd already been gluten free for six months so all results said negative. I aslo had the gene testing which came back extremely low. I also have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism.

So, since having gone gluten-free, I've felt like a new person. Within three days of eating this way, my stomach felt like new. Fast forward to the last five months and I've been having episodes of diarrhea. Only in the morning, never at nights. I'm wondering if nightshades might be the culprit here. I am ridiculously careful about cc and my whole house is gluten-free. No chance of cc at all. I rarely eat out ever and if I do, it's just at PF Chang's. My symptoms are loose stool, cramps and diarrhea only in the mornings. Can a nightshade problem produce these symptoms? I have a feeling it might tomatoes and potatoes. I definitely cannot tolerate any paprika or cumin. Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I am highly frustrated since I am so careful about the gluten and having diarrhea for the last five months. Thanks so much! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Salax

Salax

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Welcome to the board!

I do find that nightshades as well as dairy give me those symptoms, and together...whoa! So it is possible for sure that nightshades could do that to you. I would remove them and see how you feel :D

Feel better! :)

Salax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Celiac Disease - Gluten Free since Feb 2009,
Cow Milk &  Corn free - June 2012,
Gall Bladder Failure - Removed July 2009,
Colitis, Hashimotos Disease, & Diverticulitis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( )_( )
(='.'=)
(")_(") Eat your vegetables!

#3 mylittle3

mylittle3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Welcome to the board!

I do find that nightshades as well as dairy give me those symptoms, and together...whoa! So it is possible for sure that nightshades could do that to you. I would remove them and see how you feel :D

Feel better! :)

Thank you! I seem to only tolerate peppers from the nightshade family. No potatoes or tomatoes for me, lol. Dairy is up in the air for me right now. If I have milk that's cooked in something (like muffins or pancakes) then I'm fine. But if I eat ice cream, um, things aren't good the next morning as I end up with diarrhea.

Can I ask a question? Does anyone have trouble with oats too? I tried the Bob's Red Mill certified gluten-free oats and man did I bloat up like a pregnant woman. It lasted for two days till I realized it must have been the oats since that was the only new thing I'd eaten.

#4 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Oats give many celiacs problems, even the certified gluten free oats. The oat protein seems to be a bit too closely related to the gliadin protein. The gluten avoidance trio is often modified to tack on oats as well.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 mylittle3

mylittle3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Oats give many celiacs problems, even the certified gluten free oats. The oat protein seems to be a bit too closely related to the gliadin protein. The gluten avoidance trio is often modified to tack on oats as well.

What is the gluten avoidance trio? I've never heard of that before. Thanks!

#6 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

What is the gluten avoidance trio? I've never heard of that before. Thanks!

Wheat, rye, barley

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 mylittle3

mylittle3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

Wheat, rye, barley

Oh, ok gotcha. :) I'm already avoiding all of that due to suspected celiac disease. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: