#1 ker0pi

ker0pi

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hello,

I've been gluten-free for 4 weeks now and have seen a ton of my physical symptoms subside or reduce but my neuro symptoms, mainly forgetfulness, saying the wrong words and drifting off mid sentence or thought, like I just did trying to come up with the third symptom I just listed have not resolved. I don't walk into walls or door jams any more and my balance is greatly improved.

Did you have these types of symptoms? How long did it take before you saw a huge improvement in them?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 UKGail

UKGail

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I found the worst of the forgetfulness and inability to focus improved within a couple of months. I can now shower in the morning without having to really think hard about whether I have just rinsed shampoo or conditioner out of my hair. However, after nearly a year, I am still forgetful about shopping lists etc, and it is still a struggle to focus properly at work.

#3 robertwilburn35

robertwilburn35

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

I am usually "ok" and have been gluten free since march 6 this year. but last week at chuch i wasn't thinking and took the bread for communion and today I am still foggy but better. For me the 2nd to 3rd day after a glutening is when fog head sets in. before that its usually the GI symptoms.

#4 ker0pi

ker0pi

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

I can now shower in the morning without having to really think hard about whether I have just rinsed shampoo or conditioner out of my hair.

I am so relieved that I'm not the only one who does that!

#5 ker0pi

ker0pi

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

but last week at chuch i wasn't thinking and took the bread for communion

I am very lucky, one of my priest's dear friends who is also a priest is a Celiac and when I went to my priest about my diagnosis she consulted her friend about how to handle communion with regard to me. I get special rice wafers and she puts it in a small dish for me before the service begins to avoid CC then I take it out myself when she presents it to me. I keep going back and forth on the wine though. So far it hasn't appeared to give me any CC glutening, I get served first after my priest and the acolyte to reduce any chances, but I don't yet know what my reaction will be when I get accidental glutening. I might gluten myself after 3 or 4 months just so I know it when it happens.

#6 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hello,

I've been gluten-free for 4 weeks now and have seen a ton of my physical symptoms subside or reduce but my neuro symptoms, mainly forgetfulness, saying the wrong words and drifting off mid sentence or thought, like I just did trying to come up with the third symptom I just listed have not resolved. I don't walk into walls or door jams any more and my balance is greatly improved.

Did you have these types of symptoms? How long did it take before you saw a huge improvement in them?

I found that these eased up gradually for me and by about 6-9 months were about gone except when accidentally cross contaminated. The neuro symptoms can take a while.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: