Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What Do Folder Colors Mean?

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering what the blue v. green v. greyed-out-blue folders mean on topic threads. Thanks!

Ads by Google:

Blue is a standard thread.

Light blue is a standard thread that you have already read the posts in . . . there have been no new posts since the last time you read it.

Green is a thread that's getting a lot of action. It's a "hot topic". It has more than a certain number of posts . . . I can't remember the number, it's like 11 or 14 or something.

Light green is similar to the light blue . . . It's a hot topic and there are no new posts since you've read it last.

If it's got a pencil across the bottom right corner (regardless of the color), it is a topic that you have posted in.

I can't remember the number, it's like 11 or 14 or something.

After looking around a bit . . . apparently it' 9. ;)

Thank you!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Are M&Ms Gluten Free?
      Hi. Thanks for the reply. I read "wheat" on the packaging of the regular / plain M&Ms package. Not on the mini's package. I've never seen a package of mini-M&Ms. I've only seen them as ice cream toppings. I'll buy a pack and photograph what I read. Maybe this would be helpful? Thanks again, Olivia 
    • how long does it take to show signs of being glutened?
      My two year old son has been diagnosed with celiac for almost three months. So far, I think we have done well keeping him completely gluten free. Our biggest worry is cross contamination because he is so young and constantly putting his hands in his mouth. My question is, how long does it take to show signs that he was glutened? He complained of a stomachache yesterday before bed (I wasn't sure at the time if it was just a bedtime stalling technique) and also had two very messy diapers today. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out if he could have gotten glutened somehow, or maybe it's just a normal stomach issue for any kid. It would help if I knew the average time it took for symptoms to show up after someone has been glutened. Thanks!
    • Did Jennifer Esposito Leave Town Amid $43 Million Gluten-Free Bakery Lawsuit?
      Wasn't this some gossip rag nonsense from a few weeks back?  I think it's been proven false.  But, even so, why is celebrity gossip from unreliable sources here?  And I can't leave a comment on the actual article, because he approves and often edits the comment.
    • Recovery?
      Hi PLB, If he hasn't been gluten-free very long, he might still be able to get blood testing done for the gliaden (gluten) antibodies.  More than a couple weeks may be too long tho. As far as recovery, it varies from person to person.  The condition associated with celiac that you are thinking of is probably gluten ataxia.  Gluten ataxia is an antibody attack on the brain cells that can cause problems walking and controlling muscles.  Generally it seems people consider nervous system healing / recovery to be a fairly slow process.  Although it sounds like your husband is experiencing some recovery already, which is great! I've read about coconut having benefits for people with alzhiemers disease, but don't know if it would help him.  I doubt it would hurt though.  The B-vitamins including B-12 are supposed to be very important for nervous system health.  Vitamin d is also important but make sure you take a supplement that is tested and reliable.  Check out https://labdoor.com/  for their review/test results.  Dr. Hadjivassiliou has done some research on gluten ataxia and you might find reading his information helpful. Nuerological symptoms without gastro symptoms
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20170845 Dietary treatment of gluten ataxia
      http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/74/9/1221.full Ubo's, Epilepsy And Celiac Testing for celiac disease usually starts with a blood antibody test and then a endoscopy to check for gut damage.  If a person has been off gluten for a while though, the tests are not much use.  The antibodies in the bloodstream start to drop off and may not be detectable anymore.  They usually say to eat gluten for around 12 weeks in that case before trying testing again.  I can understand why he wouldn't want to do that though considering his symptoms.  I am not sure it would be a good idea. Welcome to the forum and congrats on finding  away to improve his condition! If you turn on the notify me of replies slide button near the bottom left of the reply screen you can get an email when you receive responses to your thread. There is some helpful info in this thread about celiac disease.             
    • Genetic Results
      I have been looking for an explanation to what exactly I have, as my doctor just said that I have the genes that cause Celiac. They never went any further than that.... The wikipedia link makes some sense, but at the same time it does not. It almost seems like I have 1 full DQ2, and half of a DQ2?   Test: DQ Alpha 1 - 02:01,03 Test : DQ Beta 1 - 02:02,03:02 DQ Serologic Equivalent: 2,8 Method: Molecular typing of HLA antigens performed using reverse SSOP and/or SSP methods, reported as serological equivalents and low to medium resolution molecular values
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Olivia