Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Here's the quote.

"SURVIVING

Nature is a a finely tuned balancing act and no one living thing can survive without some dependence on, or ability to affect, another. All animals and plants need energy and materials from the environment, and they survive despite the precarious nature of food chains and difficult environments, even coping with the additional problems of bad weather, disease and pollution. The adaptability of life on Earth is endlessly ingenious. For example, in cold places where there are few insects to pollinate, many plants reproduce from small pieces of themselves, such as runners or bulbils. Some animals, such as the polar bear and the fox, have even benefited from the creation of towns and cities, changing their diets and scavenging on human refuse."
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: