18 replies to this topic

#16 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

Preaching to the choir. I'm just under 5' tall. My 15 lb weight gain has been devastating.

But cutting out wine?? Don't get carried away!

You'll lose faster with no alcoholic beverages and no coffee. Fortunately, those are easy for me to do without, but it's hard to break the coffee habit in the morning at first. The sugar part is a no-brainer, hehe. Can't do that.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 fantasticalice

fantasticalice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

MOMS! Make your own! You can do it, it's really very easy.

http://www.pickyourown.org/ketchup.htm
Alice in Gluten-Free Wonderland

#18 fantasticalice

fantasticalice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

Nobody has to tell me it ain't easy doing it yourself but if you
knew what goes into your food. :( It takes a LOT of JUNK to keep
this kind of food on the shelf for months & months!!??
You really want to put that into a kids mouth?
Alice in Gluten-Free Wonderland

#19 gatita

gatita

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

I'm eating pretty much all natural foods now too. It's just so much easier and simpler. And after so many months of gastric distress, I'm finding I really like the taste of something simple much more than before -- especially if the food is good to start with, like a real garden tomato. Hitting up the farmers' market and my friends with gardens a lot lately.

I'm very lucky because my housemate mainly eats natural, whole foods anyway so when I went gluten-free he only had to give up his homemade famous garlic bread! (We're going to try it sometime on the gluten-free baguette at my local Whole Foods, but at like $7 for two loaves, I'm in no hurry).

I'm also planning to start the Eat-Clean Diet to lose a few more pounds. Just got the book and cookbook. It's mostly gluten-free anyway but she also has a gluten-free menu plan in the book, which is nice.

I actually feel like I'm eating better than before I had to give up gluten. Fresher,better-tasting stuff. It helps that I love veggies and live in California "produce country."

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: