arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gluten, Casein, Soy Free And Something Else Can't Put My Finger On.

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 luvnascar29

luvnascar29

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

is there anyone else out there allergic to the very things as me? I am miserable and sick of living on rice, potatoes and chicken. My family does not understand or try to help. I am supposed to eat at my sisters wedding rehearsal dinner and don't want to go. What do I do? Starving and Miserable!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Chad Sines

Chad Sines

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

soy, dairy, and gluten here. a lot of times veggies make it through unprocessed. Others can tell you better, but in the early phases our GIs are just toast. I have issues mainly with fat absorption which is sad because I feel better on a lower carb diet while eating a normal carb diet causes me to feel off. I think a lot has to do with the bacteria still being off and the gut still being damaged.

I like rice protein shakes in the morning. no fat, some carbs, and good amount of protein. seems that for me, if i can get through breakfast without causing a gut issue, the rest of my day is much easier gut wise.

#3 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

I am gluten, dairy and corn free. Corn may be your something else.
With that said, can you eat before the rehearsal dinner or bring your own food. I know it sucks and is a pain in the rear but if it keeps you from getting sick...
Lots of us here eat like you do.

#4 veronika

veronika

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

All the suggestions above are awesome ideas! GFreeMO had a great idea of eating before the dinner, I second that. Then you can bring along a snack like rice crisps + hummus (if you can tolerate it), and some nuts if they are also ok with you. Anything you can fit in a little ziplock bag or small plastic container is good for stashing in your bag and nibbling on through the night.

I understand what a pain in the butt it is to go to social events and not be able to eat anything. For example, every time my parents come into town to see me, we can't really go anywhere 'normal' to eat. I always feel a little awkward about not eating or eating some snack while everyone else is eating -- but I'd rather feel a bit of awkwardness than pay for it later.
chronic fatigue, overall body pain, brain fog, headaches since August 2006
chronic nausea since July, 2011

gluten, casein, soy free since April 19, 2012
potato, corn, oat intolerant

#5 cavernio

cavernio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

If you can tolerate any beverages you could order one at the restaurant. Many will come in individual cartons or cans, you could ask for that to worry less about CC.

I second the corn theory too.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#6 Girlygoodness

Girlygoodness

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

is there anyone else out there allergic to the very things as me? I am miserable and sick of living on rice, potatoes and chicken. My family does not understand or try to help. I am supposed to eat at my sisters wedding rehearsal dinner and don't want to go. What do I do? Starving and Miserable!!

yep, I have to go without dairy, soy, wheat, must limit sugar, can't eat peanuts, it sucks. HOWEVER, I discovered UDI's bread products. They are AWESOME. I make chicken sandwitches with lean chicken breast, smart balance (they light stuff may not have soy) and swiss cheese (for some reason it works for me). I have also made fish sandwiches. both are delicious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: