2 replies to this topic

#1 FruitEnthusiast

FruitEnthusiast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Has anyone experienced sensitivity in their gums from eating foods they are sensitive to? I found out today that I AM sensitive to potatoes in addition to other nightshades. I feel sore all over and my recent sensitive gums (2-3 weeks) seem more painful right now. It even hurts up toward my sinus and cheekbone on one side, but no swelling. I made an appt to see the dentist on Monday to have him take a look.

Sara  :)   "This life is a test. It is only a test. If it had been an actual life, you would

have received further instructions on where to go and what to do"

"If you're going through hell, keep going" :) Winston Churchill
Histamine Intolerant  Apr 2014

N C Gluten Intolerant dx Feb 2012  Also Intolerant to Rice, Eggs, Nightshades.
Gluten-Free/ Grain-free/ only whole foods prepared at home since  March 2012
Dairy, Soy, Chocolate free since Jan 2012   Sensitive to Corn and Mold since 1995

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AmyB22

AmyB22

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Has anyone experienced sensitivity in their gums from eating foods they are sensitive to? I found out today that I AM sensitive to potatoes in addition to other nightshades. I feel sore all over and my recent sensitive gums (2-3 weeks) seem more painful right now. It even hurts up toward my sinus and cheekbone on one side, but no swelling. I made an appt to see the dentist on Monday to have him take a look.

Yes, i too had sensitivity, and major changes in my teeth as well shifting, etc. Seems to be improving now being gluten free. I also had chronic sinus issues that they have now related to the celiac disease.
Diagnosed celiac disease November 2011

#3 FruitEnthusiast

FruitEnthusiast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Well, according to my dentist, it looks like I'll be having my first root canal, and I'm suspicious about the role gluten may have played in it. On the plus side I now have a waterpik and I love it! But why does the dentist always have to tap on the sore tooth with his heavy metal instrument just to "make sure" it hurts. Hello, I already told him where it hurt, now I've had a headache ever since and it's going to be hard to fall asleep.

Sara  :)   "This life is a test. It is only a test. If it had been an actual life, you would

have received further instructions on where to go and what to do"

"If you're going through hell, keep going" :) Winston Churchill
Histamine Intolerant  Apr 2014

N C Gluten Intolerant dx Feb 2012  Also Intolerant to Rice, Eggs, Nightshades.
Gluten-Free/ Grain-free/ only whole foods prepared at home since  March 2012
Dairy, Soy, Chocolate free since Jan 2012   Sensitive to Corn and Mold since 1995

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: