1 reply to this topic

#1 twe0708

twe0708

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

My allergist said having blood work done is useless because it can comeback with false positives. I did have the needle testing in my back and wish I would have had him do one for wheat just to see what the results would have been. Has anyone ever had both and what were your results? I am talking about for any kind of foods, not just wheat products.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1974girl

1974girl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

My allergist said the same thing. I also belong to another EoE message board since my daughter has that. A doctor is making a lot of people mad because he got up at an EoE conference and told them that blood tests are useless and your body will make antibodies to everything you eat. This causes a ton of false positives. A lot of families who used it are upset. I actually had both done with my daughter. The blood was done at another doctors office. I can tell you she had very different results. The blood showed peanuts, milk, soy, (BIG ONES!) and her skin prick didn't show any of the top 8 except tree nuts. She is not allergic to wheat per se but the celiac makes it necessary to remove that one, too. I am going soley by the skin prick. She has no symptoms of EoE (esphagus issue)so I have nothing to go on but the skin. The last allergist we went to told me that the blood is so unreliable that they don't even do it anymore. (Saying that, I know others here have had good results with it...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: