5 replies to this topic

#1 Gluten Free Girls

Gluten Free Girls

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Myself, and our two daughters have Celiac Disease. Our girls are 13 and 7. We're one year into this wild ride and we have yet to meet anyone else with this disease. I want to start a support group of sorts, so that my girls can meet other kids with Celiac Disease and I would love to meet other parents as well. We joined the Atlanta ROCK group but we've found that they don't have frequent events. Are we the only Celiacs in the Atlanta area? We would love to meet some Celiac folks like us!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MitziG

MitziG

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Well, I am in Iowa, mot GA, but I know my 13 yo daughter would love a celiac pen pal! Myself and my 8 yo son are also celiacs, so there is definitely common understanding! Poor hubby is gluten free by default!

#3 KatieL1321

KatieL1321

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

I am a pretty new Celiac. I was diagnoised 8 months ago. I would love to have someone to talk to I am alittle older than your daughters I am 15 years old but I still think it would be fun to have someone to talk to :)
Katie

#4 MaryJones2

MaryJones2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Check out the Atlanta Gluten Free Dining Club (I think that's the name) on meetup.com - they have monthly events and lots of information on where to find local products, restaurants, doctors, and gluten free events. There is also the Metro Atlanta Celiacs group which maintains lists of gluten-free friendly restaurants and knowledgeable celiac doctors among other things. They also have events as well.

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

#5 melaniesilvers

melaniesilvers

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

We live about 45 min north of Atlanta. My son is four (not close to the ages you have) but I would love to find out where you eat and what you buy. There is also a 7 yr old girl that lives close to us that was diagnosed in April.

#6 shauniscrazy

shauniscrazy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

I am a pretty new Celiac. I was diagnoised 8 months ago. I would love to have someone to talk to I am alittle older than your daughters I am 15 years old but I still think it would be fun to have someone to talk to :)
Katie

I dont know if i am a Celiac yet or not but i am allergic to gluten and i would like to have someone to talk to so i can learn more i am 16 and live in TN.
shauniscrazy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: