1 reply to this topic

#1 stephaniesherie

stephaniesherie

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

My naturopathic Dr. had told me to get off gluten earlier this year. I did so - on and off. :-) You know how that goes right?

Well, one reason was because of adrenal fatigue. Another was because of persistent dizziness and numbness in my left leg. It used to be a lot worse - in my left hand all the time and even loss of some muscle control. It is better, but the symptoms come on so randomly.

I took an (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) blood test and guess what? It came back SEVERE intolerance to wheat and a MODERATE REACTION to gluten/glaidin.

I've sen the results to my regular MD to see if they will allow me to take a celiac test.

I'm so upset today. Honestly. The drastic food changes I'm sure are a part of it, but more importantly just not knowing where this odd ball neuropathy comes from. The regular Dr.'s have done brain scans, thyroid testing, blood sugar, and other overall workups.

Has anyone been through this?
And, does this sound like Celiac?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,767 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Have the doctors done a B12 level on you? If not it might be a good idea. If your under 500 some sublingual B12 might help. Make sure you see the test results as some doctors go by 250 as the lower cut off and that has been shown recently to be too low.
If you still on gluten it isn't going to hurt to have them do a celiac panel on you. We can show negatives on tests even on a full gluten diet and if you have been gluten free or gluten light you should go back on gluten for a couple of months before you get tested.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: